An Awkward Situation

"And you are?" Felix asked the raven haired girl that had entered his office room. She smiled at him and replied in a calm and formal tone, "I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng, your new assistant." He raised his eyebrow at his cousin, who was present in the room. "Father thought that it would be more efficient for you to have an assistant. Not that your work is not efficient, it's just that when he found out that Mari applied he thought that she would be the only one who will be capable of meeting to your standards," Adrien said, rushing the latter for fear of his dear cousin's wrath. "My standards are not meant to be reached by anyone. It was a polite way of saying I don't want one. Please tell uncle that I have no need for an assistant," Felix replied coolly, not noticing the offended look on Marinette's face which then turned into determination.

Before Adrien could contradict, Marinette stated, "Are you sure about that M. Graham de Vanilly? Do you think that I would lessen the quality of your work because of my inadequate performance?" Felix stared at her with his cold gaze and replied, "If you already know my reasons then begin respecting them. I have no time to argue with a person who does not know how to respect my decisions, and still excepting to be admitted as my assistant."

Marinette, unwavered by his reply, continued, "How about a trial? I will work under you for two months, since the Fashion Week for the Gabriel's Spring Line is coming up, why don't you trial me for that?" Felix glared at her, "You expect me to accept a petty bet at the most stressful time of the fashion industry!" Marinette went closer to him and looked him straight in the eye as determination flashed, "Yes, and to make the stakes higher, I will quit my job and I'll be absolutely out of your hair."

Adrien looked shocked at this offer and turned to his friend and said, "Are you sure, Mari? I know that this has been your dream job since I've known you." Mari offered him a smile and said, "Don't worry I've got this." Felix then leaned forward, resting his chin on his hands and smirked, replying, "And if you win, you will work under me and will be joining me in every conference meeting, local, national and international." Mari smirked back and said, "Alright, I accept." Adrien let out a sigh of relief and excused himself, closing the door behind him after waving at Mari.

She turned her face forward only to find her new boss in front of her. She glared up at the blond who looked down at her with a smirk. "I didn't say that I agreed," he said in a low voice. "But you already set the terms if I win," she replied. He let out a low chuckle as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "But I haven't said that I agreed," he added. He then went back to his desk and placed his elbows on the arms of the office chair and weaved his fingers together as he sat with his left leg over the right. "I will agree when I set the conditions of the deal," he says as he gestured for her to sit down. "You will be at my beck and call during this fashion week, whatever I need you will perform without delay nor question. Any mistakes will lessen your chances of being accepted. All of your work must be satisfactory and handed on time. Any disrespect will gravely lessen your chances. I will hear no complaining from your end. And finally, you will remain here in the office until I tell you to leave," he said. Marinette nodded to his terms, prepared for anything he asks for. "You my leave now. Your desk is outside and always knock before you enter," he said directing her to the door.

Once at her desk, Marinette let out a sigh of relief, taking in the less tense atmosphere. "That was quite a risk you took in there," Tikki said popping out of her hiding place. "Well I couldn't let him insult me like that can I now," she quipped. This made Tikki giggle and said, "Well it's a good thing it couldn't cause an akuma attack." Mari smiled and replied, "Yeah, you're right. Well, let's get to work."

...

Felix slammed the folder on his desk infuriated with the results. He glared at the closed door to which she had exited. It's already been a month into their bet and she's absolutely meeting all the impossible standards he had set on her position.