Say My Name 2: Halloween Special

Warning: Mentions of blood

Marinette was currently being escorted through the halls of the Tsurugi household, or at least that was how the outside looked like. She stood stiffly between two large figures beside her while Kagami led her in front. She really wanted to say something, but she wasn't sure if she would be acknowledged.

"I'm sure we'll find him, he'll always come to me when I call him," she told Kagami while they turned a corner. The young exorcist stopped and heaved out a sigh. She turned towards her friend with a serious look that could not be rebuked.

"If you really care about him, I'd ask you not to tell them anything," she answered her making the demon bride stiffen. They continued in silence until they arrived to a large door that led them to a large room with 12 people present seated on high stools with their heads covered by a red cloak. Marinette could feel the tension in the room as she was forced to sit in front of the leaders of the exorcists. Kagami approached the 12 leaders and stood behind the one in the middle, to which Marinette assumed was the leader.

"SFC. Tsurugi, state the purpose of the meeting and the violations committed," the deep voice from the person in the middle commanded as they raised their hand slightly to call their attention. Kagami nodded and read out the report, "The Exorcism Section in Paris, France, hereby take Mrs. Marinette Dupain-Cheng, age 18, daughter of the well renowned Dupain-Cheng Bakery, for aid and abetting the First Class Demon 'Felix' in crimes against humanity. These crimes include destruction of property, exposing the existence of divine and demonic beings, as well as the very knowledge of our faction, mass hysteria, and murder of two of our officers. In face of these allegations the punishment would be death, but the high court of the French Division will appeal to a plea in courtesy that you are human, and our possible lead to locating the rouge demon."

The report finished and the gravity of the situation slowly dawned over her. She could hear the dispute between the leaders as they gave out opposing opinions on the matter.

"Silence!" their leader commanded, making them settle down. "SFC. Tsurugi, your familiar is currently hunting the fugitive, any results?" they inquired calling the order to listen.

"I apologize General, Sandy has been following the lead, but there are still no results on where he had gone," Kagami bowed her head towards them as she had not received any report from her pet.

"I say we just use her as bait!" one of the officials suggested, which received positive feedback.

"We could just kill her and await for him to reveal himself," another suggested, which was centered to discussion. But their leader had been staring at Marinette for a while. They seemed to be rather curious of her.

"Marinette, will you recall the incident through your eyes," he ordered, surprising the girl a bit. "Excuse me, are you sure?" she asked just in case, still baffled by their generosity to listen to what she has to say, but some of the leaders seemed against to this. "I am not one to repeat myself, tell us what happened today in Francois Dupont High School," they repeated, but this time with vigor. She gulped in fear but nonetheless started her tale.

"It started out as a normal day in school," she began as all eyes were not her now.

...

"Darling, we'll be late," Felix remarked as he waited for her outside her house. She glared at him for using that pet name again.

"Why did you even enroll yourself in my school?" she asked him in annoyance. He only grinned as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Teen-agers are a lot more interesting when something bad happens to them. They give out the best reactions and they have so much hubris and self doubt to feed on," he replied while they walked down the streets.