Sleepless 2

After confiding with each other and their kwamis, they found themselves at the door of the guardian. Book in hand and a hint of uncertainty. The two tapped lightly on the door and was received by a 'Come in.' The two entered and found an old Asian man in a Hawaiian shirt sat in the middle of the room.

"Hello Ladybug and Chat Noir," he greeted as the two entered. "Wait, I've been here before," Marinette stated. With a struck of realisation she said, "You're the healer that cured Tikki." This made Felix turn his attention to her saying, "You got your kwami sick?" "That's another story," she replied.

"Felix, Marinette, this is Master Fu, the guardian of the miraculous," Plagg announced. "I know you told me not to bring her back here, but look at what they found," Tikki stated. Fu let out a sigh and looked at the teens. "Take a seat both of you," he said as he got up. The two sat across the man with their legs tucked under. "Would you like some tea?" he asked. The two nodded as the old man served the two. After taking a sip he looked at the two with keen eyes.

"Now what did you two find?" he inquired. Marinette then have him the book, which extracted a gasp from the old man. "How did you come across with it?" he asked. "I found it in my uncle's belongings," Felix stated. "We have a hunch that he is Hawkmoth," he added. "Very well, might I take a look at it?" Fu asked. Felix nodded and handed it to him. Flipping through the pages, the old man smiled at it, but it was short lived when a ringing sound emerged from Felix's pockets. He excused himself and took the call.

"How did you find each other's identities?" Fu asked once the two were left alone. Marinette turned her attention back to him and chuckled. "Actually it was my fault," Tikki said, joining the conversation. "Really, how so?" Fu inquired. "We found Felix sleeping on a bench in park with it on his face and began to investigate," Marinette began. "And I searched him, accidentally waking him up, and he saw me," Tikki continued as she scratched the back of her head. Fu smiled at it, laughing lightly.

"It was bound to happen, but I hoped that it wouldn't have been too early," he commented, taking a sip of tea. Felix entered with a distressed look on his face. "I'm sorry, but I have to go home. My uncle will be asking me about the book, I'll probably be sent back to London for it," he said with distress. This surprised Marinette as she turned to him saying, "Does that mean Adrien won't be allowed to be sent to school anymore?" This hurt him slightly because she only cared about Adrien's well-being and not his. "Is there a way to make them get out of trouble?" she asked the guardian with concern.

Putting a finger on his chin as he thought. He snapped his fingers as an idea pops in his mind. "You know today's technology will be helpful," he said as he took his phone and began taking pictures of each page. After finishing it he gave the book back to Felix. "I can't afford to lose an amazing black cat holder and an inside man. I want you spy on your uncle to prove our beliefs," Fu told the boy. He nodded as he took the book and made his way home. "Are you coming, Marinette?" he called from behind. She nodded as she got up and bid her goodbye to the guardian.

"I'm so glad that Adrien will be able to go back to school," Marinette exclaimed as they walked out of the building. "Is he your only concern?" Felix asked, a bit jealous. "You're just going back to your city, you still have complete freedom unlike him," she told him. This enraged him but tried not to burst. "You don't even like me. You like Ladybug, and you just says that you like me because I'm her. I don't think that's actual love," she reasoned. This struck a nerve in him, making him his interest in him.

"So you're saying that I'm shallow," he stated. "I didn't—" she tried to speak, feeling slightly offended by the notion of her view in him. "And you're saying that Ladybug is not you. Or are you nothing without Ladybug," he added with more distaste. Marinette gave an offended look at him for his childish tantrum, because she liked someone else.