King and Queen of the Underworld

Looking back at the fruitful world that blossomed and grew during her presences, Marinette, the goddess of spring, waved good bye to the mortals and her parents as she awaited for her husband's arrival. Sabine, the goddess of the harvest, engulfed her daughter in a wishful big, hoping that she won't leave them. Tom, the god of cooking, joined their embrace hoping for the same.

"Please don't forget to write to us," Sabine reminded. "Don't worry Maman, Max comes by every week," Marinette reassured. Max, the messenger god, is the only one who can go to and fro the underworld. "And don't be afraid to tell us if you don't like his attitude," Tom told her. Marinette smiled and nodded as Sabine took her hands in hers.

"And please don't stay down there too long. He's taking you too early already," she asked of her. "I know, that wasn't even six months. He's getting a lot more possessive after that Pirithous incident," Marinette complained. "Hey Buginette," a voiced called from above. "Come back on time next year and I'll keep the sun shining for spring and summer," he added as he passed by in his chariot. "Of course Adrien, I'll talk to him about it," she replied. Adrien is the titan of the sun, he follows the seasons and shines brighter when Marinette is here.

They suddenly felt the ground shake beneath them. Sabine and Tom stepped back already expecting what comes next. Marinette stood there as the ground broke and out came a coal black chariot drawn by four black stallions. She looked up to find the rider preparing to get off.

"You're early," she stated as he stepped on the ground. He politely took off his helmet and replied, "I missed you." She gave him a hard stare as he looked over her to greet his in-laws. He placed a kiss on her head as he approached her parents. He bowed politely as he kissed Sabine's hands.

"I apologize for taking her again," he said to the two. Sabine gave him a hard look as she said, "We have an agreement, Felix. Six months up here and six months down there. Make sure she gets here on time and take her away on time." Felix, the god of the underworld, nodded in understanding as Marinette took him by the arm and bowed to her parents as well.

He bid goodbye to the couple and escorted his wife to the chariot. With that they made their way back through the ground into the underworld. Upon arriving, they were greeted by a long line of souls that were awaiting judgement.

Marinette looked over the souls and sighed in pity as she turned to her husband. He met her stare and gave her a warm smile. Once the chariot was parked he jumped out and helped her off it. She gladly took his hand and got down from the ride. He then took her luggage as she took his arm as he began to guide her home.

"How was the summer, my dear?" Felix asked to start a conversation. "It was excellent and for your information I was only there during summer and missed out on spring," Marinette stated hinting on his possessiveness. He looked at her with understanding eyes as he let out a sigh. "You know how it is down here, it's really difficult to be on my own. Allan has to man the boat, Claude keeps track of whoever is dying, and Allegra needs to practice her spells. I miss you too much as well," he explained.

Her eyes softened at him as she touched the arm that held hers. "But you must understand that—," she began only to be cut off. "That you love the warmth the sun gives. I know that you enjoy Adrien's warm company better than mine, but I'll tell you that I had also changed the underworld to the warmth and brightness the world above can give," he stated as he let go of her and showed her the change he has made.

Marinette had to shield her eyes at the brightness of the torches that were placed with glass to reflect and brighten it more. She uncovered her eyes as they adjusted to it's surroundings. Her mouth was agape at the change he had made in the Underworld. She looked at him to find him with his arms open and a wide grin on his face proud of what he had done. She looked at him with a hard stare and said, "What have you been doing? This is not the way things are supposed to be."