Sleepless

Being a superhero has its cons, like the lack of sleep. During free period Marinette was sleeping in the library where she was supposed to be researching for her report to be passed the day after tomorrow, but since Hawkmoth seemed to have a lot more free time, he decided to send akumas even at night. The young girl slept peacefully not minding the other students since she was at the very back and secluded area of the library. However, not everyone who comes to the library knows this place but an anti social bookworm might.

Felix had just escaped from a group of fangirls. You just take
one photoshoot with Adrien and more you're being chased by his fangirls and your own, he thought to himself. He decided to go to his sanctuary, the library. He greeted the librarian and headed towards the back to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. What he did not expect was to his classmate sleeping in his area. He looked at Marinette as she peacefully slept there with a silent smile and sweet closed eyes. He then sighed and decided to sit on the opposite desk to read.

...

Marinette woke up to find that the was a piece of paper on her desk that had summarised the discussion on the book with a note saying that she should get more sleep. She pondered on who placed it there for her. She looked around to find that know has been around the area. She then smiled and silently thanked whoever summarised the notes for her.

The next day, Marinette had to wake up around seven since Hawkmoth decided to start the day with an akuma attack. The fight finished arrive 7:50 giving Marinette a quick run in her house and to school. With last night's and this morning's akuma attack, she lost five hours of sleep. During class she half listened since she can't possibly focus at the task at hand. After what seemed like an eternity, class finally came to an end. She was walking home when she saw plopped on one of the park benches was a blond who had a book over his face. She neared the sleeping figure and recognized him. "Well, I guess even Felix sleeps anywhere," Marinette commented to Tikki. "He must have had a sleepless night as well," Tikki replied.

She then flew to his face, covered by a book. She then let out an audible gasp at this. "M-Ma-Marinette," she stuttered. "I think I know this book," she said in a series tone. Marinette then took a close look at it as well. "What book is this Tikki?" she asked. "It's not just any book. This book is the book of the miraculous," she exclaimed. "Wait, you mean this book is all about the miraculous?" she asked for verification, to which Tikki nodded. "Why does he have it?" Marinette pondered. "The guardian lost this book years ago along with the butterfly miraculous. I fear that the book is in Hawkmoth's possession," she replied. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" she asked hesitantly. Tikki nodded to confirm her theory. "But we can't be sure yet. I'll search him," she said as she began searching Felix for the brooch. "Tikki wait," she says a bit too loudly.

Felix stirred from his sleep and slowly removed the book from his vision to find a panicking Marinette in front of him. He groaned and said, "This is the thanks I get from the person who stole my spot on the library just to fall asleep." She then blinked for a few minutes and recovered. "You what?" she finally asked. He then let out a deep sigh and sat right up and replied, "Nothing." Feeling awkward about the situation Marinette says, "So, what's that book about?" Catching his attention, he then felt a surge of panic and quickly put it back in his bag. "Nothing important," he says as he gathered his things to leave. "Wait!" she says in a panicked tone as Tikki left. "I didn't find the brooch," she said. Marinette quickly clamps her up by catching her in her bag. This makes Felix freeze and turn towards her. "Was that a kwami?" he asked. "N-no," she stuttered. "Come with me," he said as he took her arm and headed towards the bakery.

"Marinette, oh it seems like you brought a friend," Sabine said as she saw her daughter come inside with a classmate. "Good afternoon Ma'am, I'm Felix Agreste. I'm here to help Marinette with her essay since she needs a copy reader," Felix smoothly lied. "I'm Sabine, Marinette's mother. Thank you for helping her with her essay," she introduced herself. "Alright, you kids head upstairs and I'll bring you snacks," she says as she ushered the two upstairs. Once in the living room Felix dropped Marinette's hand and asked, "Where's your room? I believe that it's safer to talk there," he says. She then led him to her room and offered him to sit on the chaise while she sat on the chair by her desktop.

Felix locked the trap door and sat on the chaise. "You're Ladybug aren't you?" he asked with a stern voice. "Why should I tell you?" she asked, still suspecting him to be Hawkmoth. He then sighed and said, "Plagg, you can come out." He called but the only thing he got was, "I'm sleeping." He then sighed and took out a piece of camembert, then a black creature came out of the bag to eat it. Felix looked at Marinette's reaction waiting for a response. "Tikki you can come out as well," she said with her head down. "Sugar cube," Plagg squealed as he tackled the red kwami. "Let go. You smell like cheese," Tikki exclaimed.

"So, you're Chat Noir?" she silently asked. "Yes. It seems like it My queen," he replied with a very Chat Noir like grin. "How did you come across with the book?" she asked calling onto her Ladybug courage. "Well this book isn't really mine. I think I saw Adrien with this book earlier in the library, but then I saw it with this Italian girl at the park. She threw it in the trash can and forgot about. So I took it to give it back to Adrien but it seems like it will be more useful for us. I must have fallen asleep reading it," he explained. "Are you saying that Adrien was in possession with this book? You do know this could be a lead to finding Hawkmoth," Marinette said. "I'm well aware of the fact that it will be our lead to him," he said reading her eyes. "I'm not implying that Adrien's Hawkmoth, but I'd say that my uncle is," he added. She then furrowed her eyebrows and began thinking. "You're right. Mr. Agreste is a very reserved man who's distant even towards his own son," she said. "Not only that if you look closely at his logo and the interior design of the mansion there are a lot of clues that could confirm him to be Hawkmoth," he added. "Good observation kitty," she complimented earning a playful grin from the blond.

He then stood up from where he was seated and made his way to her. "Well, now knowing your identity, it will be impossible for you to escape this time," she says as he crouched down to her level. "Now Purrincess I think I know who my competition is now," he said as he used his index finger and thumb to raise Marinette's chin to face him. This caused her to go bright red. Red enough to compete against her suit. Summoning all her Ladybug strength, she was able to push him away with her her fingers on his nose. "Not so fast kitty. Now that I know your identity it gives me the leverage to avoid you," she teased. He then gave his cute pout and chuckled.