Two Can Play That Game

Warning: Strong language will be used here and alcoholism. I apologize to those who do not like swears.

The strong liquid running down Marinette's throat made her thoughts jumbled up more and gave her a kick. She smiles to her self as she looks at the bottle of Bacardi in her hand. How can things immediately go down hill in one day? But first let's go back to around nine hours ago.

10:00 am

Another closed door once again. Marinette sighed as she looked down at the portfolio in her hand. Don't lose hope. If one door closes another is bound to open, she thought to herself as she clutched it close to her chest.

Ever since she she graduated from college she began looking for a businessman willing to gamble on her. As a young, aspiring, 24-year-old female in the fashion world, some businessmen didn't seem fond of the idea of financing on her.

Why not work under the Agreste you might ask, given that she's the long awaited fiance of the heir?

I guess you could say it was because of pride and ambition. Yes, Gabriel Agreste is one of her fashion idols, however, from her experience that she received at a fruitful age of 14. She realized that she had enough talent to start her own company and not work under someone else for the rest of her life. If she doesn't start now, when? When she had build up a career under someone else's name? For her, it's better to start immediately when you know that you can. You know what they say, 13th time is a charm.

Upon exiting the building, she went straight for her Citroën C4 as she drove to her mom's favourite tea shop to meet up with Adrien. With that thought in mind, how can today be spoiled.

She parked in front of the shop and went inside. She smiled at the thought of having a relaxing tea with her soon-to-be husband, while preparing for their wedding. But as she entered she could feel all eyes on her for some reason. Feeling self conscious, she entered the restroom to retouch her make up.

As she was applying lipstick a group of girls entered and gawked at her. She smiled awkwardly as the girls giggled as their eyes landed on her ring. The five girls began laughing harder as they looked at each other. "Should I ask her?" one girl asked as the other shot her a look, while the other two were nodding and the others continued laughing.

Choosing to ignore their odd behaviour, Marinette was about to leave until one of the girls blurted, "Are you going to dump him?" Confused, she looked at the girls and asked, "Who?" This caused them to laugh harder as the first girl who spoke and boldly, "You know who, Adrien Agreste." This puzzled her more as to why they were expecting her to dump her fiance. She calmly thought that they were just some fangirls waiting for him to become a bachelor, again.

"You don't know, do you?" the third girl asked as she took out her phone and scrolled through it. A bit confused, but she did as well, realising she hadn't touched it since she woke up so she wasn't updated on the news.

She froze when she read the headline from the top stories.

Adrien Agreste caught Making out with Model & Actress Lila Rossi

Muse and Former Muse of the Gabriel Reunited

Old Flame Ignited

Wedding on a Possible Hold

Unfaithful Fiancé: The End for Team Adrinette

Another Scandal to the Agreste Name

No Comment from Marinette Dupain-Cheng: Silent Protest?

Felix Graham de Vanilly: Stolen Girlfriend & Thieving Cousin