Blind Dating

Marinette woke up to her alarm blaring loudly. She begrudgingly turned it off, only to have the time remind her.

"I'm late!" she exclaimed as she rushed out of her room. Tikki chuckled as she watched her chosen scramble for her things. To think that she's already in college would change her sleeping schedule. But unfortunately, Hawkmoth's late night endeavours seem to be endless and restless.

Does he even sleep? Marinette thought to herself as she rushed out of the bathroom, no time for breakfast. "Marinette, I made you coffee," the kind little kwami offered. Marinette smiled as she took the cup from the little god. "Thanks Tikki," she replied as she nuzzled the girl's cheek. "Come, let's go," she called as she exited her dorm.

She began to sprint in the campus as she headed to her class hoping the teacher would be late. She looked up to find her professor staring down at her from the third floor as he pointed to his watch. She huffed in annoyance, knowing that he'll deduct it from her, since timeliness is very important in his class. She was about to accept her fate, if it weren't for the tree that grew right next to her classroom and had branches stretching into the building.

She grinned as she climbed the tree in the speed of Ladybug and knocked on the window. The blond boy nearly got a heart attack at the stunt she just pulled. But lucky for her, he was a man who was always ready for a good joke, and gladly opened the window helping her in.

"Why did you go through here?" he asked, still rather confused by her actions. She gave him a cheeky grin as she replied, "In three, two, one." With that she was in her seat as the professor entered the room. He scanned his eyes only to have his mouth open upon seeing her in class.

"Ms. Dupain-Cheng," he called. She cheerily smiled and answered, "Yes Professor?"

"Make sure you get in class the appropriate way and on time please, on time," he reminded her no longer wanting to know how she had done it.

She sat down and prepared to listen. She noticed her seatmate slip a note beside her. She discreetly read it and let out a frustrated sigh. She turned to the grinning boy with a stern face.

"No," she whispered to him. This made him pout at her refusal.

"Come on Marinette, I already helped you out a bunch. Just this once," he pleaded. She scowled at him trying to focus on the lesson.

"Adrien, I told you I don't want to go on another blind date," she added.

"Come on, mine wouldn't be as bad as the others," he defended as she scoffed at the suggestion.

"When I said I was thinking of dating, I didn't expect that ALL of you would be setting me up," she remarked. He snickered recalling that day.

"Alya's suggestion of Wayhem was an absolute disaster. The man wouldn't shut up about you. Nino's choice of Theo was horrible. He was just looking for a rebound after his on and off relationship with Mireille. And don't get me started with Kagami's suggestion on Luka. It was the most awkward thing ever. I know we dated for a bit, but the long distance killed it with my jealousy and getting us back together was a big NO!" she exclaimed in a hushed tone to him. But he wasn't listening as he let out a yawn

"Ok, it's at eight tomorrow night at the Le Grand Paris I'm sure he wouldn't go, too, but it's alright. It's a double date any way, you'll be fifth wheeling with us. I'm sure Alya and Kagami would really want you there," he yawned out. She was surprised at how quickly he gave up.

"Don't worry, I hear you. I'll take a break with the blind dates and set you up when you feel ready," he reassured. She begrudgingly agreed still doubting his words. Now she had no choice as her friends had been asking for her to join, despite fifth wheeling. Plus it's not like she needs another date. The tips of her lips tugged into a dreamy smile at the thought of him.