Viva la réforme

To avoid confusion with the timeline, it is during the reign of Napoleon. The time before he sent out troops to Russia. And I know that Napoleon's parties do not include the people, but for the sake of the story let's just say he did.

Marinette began drawing the pattern of the dress onto the cloth. Ever since Napoleon announced the ball the female population of Paris began began flooding the shop. She hoped she could attend as well, if she were able to begin her own. However, there might be a problem there since there are some people who would prefer to have their dress stitched the day before the ball for the element of surprise. She is in the pattern and cutting division, her team is responsible for drawing and cutting the pattern on the cloth and give it to the stitching or embroidery division. She just finished drawing the pattern for Mme. Bourgeois when their boss called their attention. Mme. Sancoeur is a well renowned seamstress, who, unlike others, prefers to work alongside her fellow seamstresses and not above them, she is also the one who designed all the dresses, although she still encourage the others to send their designs to her and if they are acceptable, they would be handling it's production. "Good morning to you all," she began. "As you know that the ball is in two weeks and as of now we are flooded with multiple orders and not to mention the wedding of the Spanish Princess, who will also be ordering her gown and her bridesmaid's gowns from our factory after the ball. As order of the President, all maidens are invited to attend. As it seems fitting, I would give one day to all of you to create your own gowns. I deem it unfair for us all to create everyone else's gowns and not our own. So this Saturday will be the day when all of you will be relieved from creating the others' gowns but your own." This announcement earned multiple thanks and excited gaps and chatter. "I believe that all of you are well equipped with the knowledge of sewing, from drawing the pattern, to the cutting off cloth, the stitching of pieces and embroidering your designs. Remember, this Saturday only, you may start work at anytime you wish and may end the same. But be aware that we must all be working double time to compensate for the loss. Understood?" she asked. "Yes, ma'am," they replied in unison.

Marinette, upon hearing the news, went into a drawing and cutting frenzy to finish all the work in time. "Slow down Marinette, or else you'll draw a hole into the table," Tikki joked. "Sorry, I'm just so excited and I really want to finish early so that I can begin designing my dress," she apologized. "At least you can design," Kalki said begrudgingly. "I'm going to have order a design from Madame, since I know nothing about designing," she said. "It's alright, I can design your dress if you want? Free of charge,"she offered. However, the workers sat next to each other making the rest of the workers hear the offer. Marinette felt very flattered and agreed to design their gowns.

The happy chatter stopped when they heard the clicking held of Mme. Sancoeur. "Well then Ms. Dupain-Cheng, I would have to dismiss you early so to let you begin immediately, you know how I hate sleep deprived workers," she commented. "Don't worry Ma'am, I'll finish early and begin sketching after work," she replied. The Madame smiled at her and told everyone to do their best.

Once Marinette cut the last pattern assigned to her she was allowed to be dismissed early. It was four o'clock when she left. She immediately headed home to get family's boulangerie. She greeted her parents and went to her room. She began designing the dresses she's been tasked. However her mind kept in wandering back to a certain soldier that she met two weeks prior the announcement of the ball.

It was the start of the new government and the end of the second French Revolution. Marinette, along with her friend Alya, a chef in the most renowned hotels in Paris, were excitedly holding their white roses preparing to throw them at the newly elected president. However, in the haze of the event a soldier took her rose and says, "For me madamoiselle, thank you very much." She stood dumbfound at what he did. The soldier was blond with magnificent green eyes that stared at her with admiration. However he's not the reason for her distraction. Once the parade had ended, she began fumbling to Alya about that thief. "You should have seen him Alya, he felt so high and mighty thinking that does were for him," she says with a huff. "That's soldiers for you. They will do anything to catch a young girl's attention and then sneer them pretending to love them and then bam! Leaves you in the dust like a piece of trash," Alya supported. However, they did not expect was another blond man with gray eyes dragging the soldier, who took the flower towards them, as another dark skinned soldier followed. "My apologies madamoiselle, my brother was playing a joke at you earlier," the gray eyed soldier said. "I apologize, I only did it because my friend thinks that your friend is very pretty, and I thought it would be a good conversation starter," he apologised gesturing towards the third soldier. This apology did not reach her much, since her eyes were still cold. Noticing this reaction the soldier quickly recovered and gave her a purple hyacinth. "No worries, the flower ended up with Napoleon himself. I'm sorry again," he added. She then smiled, knowing the meaning of it and said, "Thank you, and I forgive you." The boy smiled and agreed, "May I know your name?" She then hesitantly replied, "I'm Marinette, Marinette Dupain-Cheng." The boy smiled, "Échante, Lieutenant Colonel Adrien Agreste." He then took her hand and placed a kiss on the back of it. "This man is Lieutenant Giovanni Lahiffe," he introduced. "But you can call me Nino, madamoiselle," Nino said as he took Alya's hand. "Alyssa Césaire," she replied. He then took Marinette's hand and repeated the gesture. "And this gentleman here is," Adrien said, gesturing to the other blond. "General Felix Agreste, it's a pleasure to meet you," Felix introduced himself as he kissed the back of Marinette's hand and then Alya's.