1- Mistakes.

When you're a drug lord, things are bound to go wrong. Everything is bound to come undone once in a while. 

I didn't mean to screw my shit up. I really didn't. I just, I was just bored. I was going to get a talking to later. A stupid fucking lecture.

"Shit." I mumble. 

I watched as the warehouse blew up. That had my goddamn shipment in it. My goddamn drugs that I get a lot of money from. It just blew up. 

I didn't mean for my warehouse to blow up by playing with bubbles. Fucking bullshit. I groan. This was going to end up on the stupid news. A warehouse, in the middle of nowhere blowing up. I could pin this on one of the smaller gangs running around this town. 

I shook my head and continued walking until I got to my car. I got in and looked at the time. I was supposed to be at Angel's school in 10 minutes. Damien was going to eat me alive if I showed up late. 

I sped all the way across town. I got to the school with 3 minutes remaining. I park and get out, fixing my clothes and hair. I grabbed my bag and walked up the steps where he was sitting. He looked up and saw me. I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes. 

Damien doesn't see the good in things. Neither do I, but it's whatever. Angel does though. It's one of the reasons why we protect her from the evils in the world. 

"Let's go." He grumbles out, mad at me again. I didn't come home again last night. He's probably mad at me about that. We went inside the school and went to the office. The secretary sees us and cowers down. 

People hate us at this school. Why? Because we have the eyes of the goddamn devil. My eyes are red. Damien's eyes are white. People say he's a fallen angel in his past life. They say I'm the devil. I stopped listening to the rumors after a while because I knew they were right. I was the devil. I just stopped caring if they knew it too. 

We go into the principal's office and sit down in the chairs. Angel was already sitting in the one in the middle.

Even though we're the same age as one another, Damien acts like the grownup. He was the oldest. 

"You need us for something?" Damien asks, confused. 

"We have to talk." This caused Angel to tense up and to grab onto my hand. "It's nothing bad. It just concerns all of you."

"Great." I say, rolling my eyes. 

"Maeve." Damien grits out. I look at him. 

"What?" I ask, curious. He glares at me and I sigh. I look back at the principal. "What do you have to talk about?" 

"You remember how your mother-"

"Ran away then wound up dead? Yes we remember." I say, rolling my eyes. "What's new now? Find relatives? Or are we going into foster care?" This got Angel shaking. I look at her. 

"W-We're getting s-split up?" She stutters out. Damien glared at me but had baby eyes for her. 

"No honey. We're not getting split up." He says, sweetly. 

It wasn't my idea to protect her from the world. Sure, it would've been goddamn selfish of me, but you can't protect someone forever. You just can't do that. 

Angel is different from us. She's actually loved. She actually got good food and all of that growing up. That made me envy her. After a while, I understood why they did it. I understood why they did it all. Angel was an angel from heaven or that's what mother said. 

I didn't bully her or anything. At the end of the day, she shares my blood and DNA. She's still my sister. That would be plain wrong bullying my sister and I would be dead if I did. Instead, I stuck up for her from the bullies. 

"What? No. You guys aren't going into the Foster care system. They found siblings." This got Angel to calm down. 

"Siblings?" She asks, confused. 

"We don't have siblings. Mother made sure of that." I say, rolling my eyes. 

"What's that supposed to mean, Maeve?" The principal asks, looking at me.

"Exactly what it means. She's fixed." I say, shrugging. "Can't have kids. She didn't want them ending up like us. Whatever that's supposed to mean." 

"The siblings are from her last marriage." 

"Oh great. What a whore." I muttered. Damien snapped his head towards me. 

"Maeve, fucking cut it out." I looked at him. "Just fucking shut up."

"This is why I stopped coming around Damien." I say, fucking annoyed. He clenched his jaw. 

"Vrei serios să începi să lupți aici?" He asks, in Romanian. (You seriously want to start fighting here?)

"Fuck off Damien." I grit out. He rolls his eyes. 

"Kids, focus." The principal says, making us all look at him. 

"I don't want to. Look, if you just tell those people I'm not coming, that'll be great." I say, standing up. 

"Sit down, Maeve. I'm not saying it again." I let out a heavy sigh and sat back down. I raised an eyebrow. "They're taking you in. They have custody."

"Oh such bullshit." I say, annoyed. "Why?" 

"Maeve, fucking shut up." Damien says, coldly. 

"Can you please fucking tell Damien to fuck off and to get off my goddamn back?" I ask, smiling innocently. 

"Kids, can't you get along for one second?"

"Sure but Damien has his head stuck up his own ass so that may be a problem." I say, shrugging. Damien was about to clap back when Angel grabbed his hand. I rolled my eyes. The principal started to rub his temples. 

"I'm your legal guardian, and I suggest you lose the attitude." Someone says from the corner of the room. I look at them. 

"You have to say it nicely." I say, annoyed. 

"Please lose the attitude." He says, through gritted teeth. I shrug. 

"Sure." I say, smiling innocently. "When do we leave?" 

"Well, you have to pack, don't you?" I shrug and look at the others. 

"They do." He nods. 

"I'm going to assume you want to drive?" I look at him.

"Duh." I say, in an obvious tone. He nods. 

"Do you want the address to the place we're going to be living at?" 

"No. I was going to follow you. Yes I want the address. I have things I have to go take care of before I go there." He nods. I stand up and look at Damien. He was still glaring at me. "If you keep making that face, it's going to be like that for the rest of your life." 

"What time do you think you'll arrive at the house?" He asks, curious. I shrug. 

"Around 3? 4? Maybe even 6." I say, frowning.

"Dinner is at 5 so you need to be there." 

"Whatever." I turned on my heel and left the office. I walked out of the building and went over to my car. I get in and leave the school premises. 

Okay, yes I know I keep changing it up. I just can't seem to write the words how I want them. I don't think that sentence made any sense but please bear with me. I liked the last one but it just didn't fit Maeve's personality. I just didn't like how I made her out to be. 

This will probably be the last time I mess with this chapter. Please, just bear with me and I'm very sorry with all of it. Anyways, have a good day/night.