5- Deal.

I watched as my dogs went and sniffed the yard. I put the cigarette up to my mouth and blew in the toxins. I had sunglasses on, considering the sun was out. Someone stepped out but I didn't look at them.

"Um excuse me?" The person says, in a high pitch squeaked. I looked at them and lowered my sunglasses. She looked at my eyes. "They're really pretty."

"Thanks, I guess." I say, shrugging. "You are?" 

"A friend of Angel's. Um, we're doing a project together. She said to come here. Nobody is inside. I heard the dogs barking and came out here." She says, looking at them. 

"I'll show you to her room." I say, putting my cigarette out. I stand up and follow her inside. My dogs stayed outside considering they liked playing when we didn't go anywhere. 

We walked up the stairs and I knocked on her door. She opens it and smiles at me. I stepped out of the way so she could see her friend. She smiled at her. 

"Thanks Maeve." I nod and go back downstairs. 

I went outside and grabbed another cigarette. I put it in my mouth and lit it. I sigh and look at my dogs. The one came over to me and sat down. 

"We're not doing anything today, bud. Go play." I say, smiling. He yelps and goes over to his sibling. I sigh. 

I look at my wrists. You can see all my scars. They were all old. The latest one was three weeks ago. All healed now. I sigh and put my cigarette up to my lips. I looked at my other wrist and saw it was also the same. I grabbed my cigarette and put it out. I put it in my ashtray and stand up. 

"Come." I say, opening the doors. 

Both dogs went in and so did I. I went upstairs. My dogs stayed downstairs, going into the kitchen. They were worn out. 

I shut the door and put my ashtray on my bedside table. I don't smoke in my room. I smoke outside on the balcony or actually go outside. I grab my computer and climb onto my bed. I started responding to emails with my employees or mafia work. 

--

"Maeve?" Axel says, coming into my room. I look at him and take my AirPods out.

"Yeah?" I ask, confused. 

"It's almost dinner. Are you joining us?" He asks, curious. 

"Yeah. Let me just finish this email up and I'll be down, okay?" He nods. He leaves the door opened. I hit send and closed my laptop down. I stood up and stretched. I didn't realize how much time flew by. 

I walked downstairs and went into the dining room. I sat down in my chair and everybody stared at me. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Wow. Who knew Maeve knew how to dress." Damien says, eyeing my outfit. I was wearing ripped jeans and a fancy shirt. 

"I didn't dress up for you. I have a place to go to later." I say, shrugging. 

"Okay, you wouldn't wear that to a club, are you going out on a date?" He asks, very confused. I looked at him. 

"No. But I won't say what's happening tonight considering I don't want to jinx it. If I land it, then we can celebrate." I say, shrugging. He noded, but still looked at me worried. 

"Is it?" Vanessa asks, curious. I look at her and nod. "Where?"

"I won't say." I say, smiling. We all start to grab food and eat. A light conversation took place but I stayed quiet. 

I was nervous for this meeting I had after dinner. We were meeting over the phone. Russia had different time zones then here. I want to secure this deal so I could expand my company. A lot more money would come in. If I landed the deal, then I had to go to Russia for a month for all of the construction. I only get one building there then expand it wider. I was doing a hotel. Not that they need anymore but I saw how busy they were. 

My phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows and took it out. It was still early yet. I looked at the number furrowing my eyebrows more. Was unknown. I answered it and leaned back in my chair.

"Hello? Maeve speaking." I say, politely. If these were the people I was working with, then I had to be nice. No matter what. Good impressions go a long way.

"Is this Maeve Black?" A female voice spoke. "If so, you need to come down to the hospital."

"Why?"

"Your father is here." My face drops. 

"Is he dying?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Then call me when he's dead and I have to bury him. In the meantime, do not ever call my phone again." I hang up and stand up. Everybody was looking at me with worry.

"What? I'll be back later. Probably gonna go fuck this thing up but hey, that's all I'm good at." I say, coldly. Vanessa was about to say something when I left. I walked out of the door, slowly shutting it. 

I get into my car, leaving the mansion. My thoughts were going wild. I needed something but I couldn't fuck this up. I went to a local diner I used to go to and parked. I went inside and sat in my booth. 

They had good wifi. Nobody was ever in here after 6. I mean, there was but not on a Monday night. It's packed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

A milkshake got placed in front of me and the person left. My phone rang and I took a deep breath. I answered it and put it up to my ear. Everything depended on this phone call.