47- Hospital.

The first thing I noticed was the beeping. The constant beeping. The second thing I noticed was a heavy weight on my chest and another heavy weight on my arm. The third thing I noticed was the low murmur of talking. Or maybe it was a tv. My eyes weren't open so I couldn't tell. 

"Mom?" Demitri whispers. He must've knew I was awake because my breathing and heart rate picked up. I opened my eyes and blinked. A lot. I looked over at him considering he was on my arm. 

"Are you hurt?" I whispered. He shook his head. I looked at Adaline who was asleep on my chest. Anna was sitting next to my bed, watching tv. Demitri nudged her, making her look at me. Her eyes widened when she saw I was awake. "Water?" She nods, standing up. She poured me a cup, handing it to me. I moved carefully, not trying to disturb Adaline. I took a sip, letting it wash down my throat that was sore. 

"Do you want me to get the others?" I shake my head, handing the water back to her. I laid back down, closing my eyes again. Demitri laid back down, burying his head into the side of my torso. That was when I noticed the pain but I just pushed it away. 

I let the sleep take over me again, a sigh escaping my lips. 

--

I heard the door open and close, before someone coming over to me. My entire body felt lighter somehow. Maybe because the kids weren't on me anymore. I opened my eyes, staring at the doctor who was messing with something. 

"Can you turn off the beeping?" I whispered. He did just that, before turning around. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Like I got shot." I mumbled, sitting up. 

"You have two broken ribs and one bruised. You had internal bleeding from the ribs and from your lung getting punctured by the bullet. You had some scraps and bruises but the thing that I really want to know is what happened to your thigh?" 

"What are you talking about?" 

"The burn on your thigh. What happened?" I closed my eyes. "Maeve, I need to know what happened. Did you do it or did somebody else do it?" 

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Well I do. You want to know what I think?"

"Enlighten me." 

"You did it. If somebody else did it, you didn't struggle. Do I need to tell someone?" 

"No."

"Maeve." I opened my eyes, looking at him. 

"It was a spur of the moment. I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't talk to my therapist. She's out of town. I didn't want to talk to my family." Lucian walked in right after I said that, making the doctor sigh.

"Good, you're up." Lucian says, happily. "I'll tell the others." 

"Take it easy, Maeve. We don't need your stitches coming undone, do we?" I shake my head. "I'll check on you in a little while." I watched as he left and watched as the others piled in. Angel immediately came over to me, throwing her arms around my neck. Tears were streaming down her face. 

"I'm sorry." I furrowed my eyebrows but didn't say anything. "I tried to stop her from taking Demitri and Adaline. She locked me in the closet along with Vanessa. We couldn't do anything." 

"It's alright, Angel. I don't blame you." She held onto me for a couple more minutes before letting out. She sat down in the chair next to my bed, her hand resting on her stomach.

"Are you in any pain?" Axel asks, curious. I shake my head.

"The doctor gave me something." He nods. 

"How do you feel?" 

"Exhausted." 

"You'll be off your feet for a while." Lucian comments. 

"That's not fun." 

"No, it's not." I rolled my eyes. 

"Where's the kids and Anna?" 

"Outside. They're with the others."

"What others?"

"Killian, Ryder, Belle, Blake, etc." Sebastian says, naming them off. I nod. 

Silence took over us before somebody knocked on the door. They came in after Lucian opened the door. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw who it was. 

"Can you guys give us a few minutes?" I whispered, to the group. Lucian looked at me then at the people, confused. 

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you need, Maeve." Julian whispers, helping Angel up. I watched as they left, then stared at Lucian who was in the room. 

"You too Lucian."

"I don't trust them."

"I'll be fine, Lucian. Just please give us some privacy. And don't stand outside the door." He didn't budge. "Lucian, that's an order." 

"You can't-"

"Lucian, I will have guards escort you out if needed. Get out." He nods, bowing his head. He walked out, closing the door. I looked at the guards. They were staring at the ground, not even looking at me. Silence fell between us. I looked out at the window, watching cars pass the hospital. "You wouldn't be here if you didn't have good news to tell me." 

"We didn't want to say anything over the ear piece, knowing other people had access to that channel." 

"She's dead, isn't she?" They didn't say anything, confirming my answer. I closed my eyes, tightly. "Was it fast or was it quick?" 

"She was tied up and gagged first. Angel and Vanessa was probably getting locked in the closet beforehand. A blunt object was used to kill her. We haven't discovered what it was but we're trying our best to find it. It looked to be multiple times being hit in the back of the head. Then a gunshot wound in between her eyes. We took pictures, knowing you would want to see them." 

"What about the dogs?" 

"They were at a vet, getting pampered. They're at the house, resting from the long flight." 

"Anything else?" 

"We'll let you know if anything comes up, Maeve. We'll let you rest now. We'll be in touch." 

"Thank you." I whispered, hearing the door open and shut. I opened my eyes after a few seconds, taking a deep breath. I heard the door open, making me look over at them. I saw Killian with flowers in his hands. 

"I just wanted to put these here so the room looks a little homey." He whispers. I smiled at him, even though it was killing me inside. 

"Can you- Nevermind." I whispered, looking away from him.

"Can I what? Hug you? Kiss you? Climb into the bed with you and sleep with you?" 

"All of them?" I whispered, looking at him. He smiles, nodding.

"My pleasure." He whispered, taking his shoes off. "Oh, I also brought you clothes." 

"Really?" He nods, holding up a bag. I grabbed it, looking through it. I grabbed the sweatpants and his shirt, pulling them out. "Can you turn around and close your eyes? I don't think I'm allowed to get up or start moving around quite yet."

"Yeah, sure." I watched as he turned around, putting his hands over his eyes. I pulled the sweatpants up, before taking the gown off. I put the shirt on, before telling Killian it was all good. He turned around, climbing up into the bed. I laid down, getting comfortable. He threw his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I closed my eyes, letting sleep fall over me again. 

~

*Not Edited*