43-Intruders.

I woke up to my phone buzzing and somebody on top of me. I blinked a couple of times to see Killian was on top of me. We were in my room. I remembered he carried me up stairs after falling asleep then slowly waking up when he was placing me down onto the bed. Then I wouldn't let go and asked him to stay. Then I fell back asleep.  

My phone kept buzzing, making me fell around for it. Once I felt it, I picked it up and looked at it. I answered the call, putting it up to my ear. I closed my eyes, feeling a wave of dizziness. 

"Yeah?" I whispered, trying to not wake Killian up. 

"Maeve, there's been a problem." Lucian says, fear in his voice. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"What kind of problem?"

"Like a bomb kinda problem." Someone says, coming over the line. "Alec is dead, Maeve. We're all next."

"Belle?" I whispered, confused. "What do you mean Alec is dead? I just saw him a few days ago. He can't be dead."

"They blew the bar up, Maeve. Innocent people were in there. This is getting out of hand." 

"He wouldn't kill innocent people. He hates doing that." I opened my eyes, looking at my ceiling. 

"If Joseph didn't do it, then who did?"

"Hazel's sister, Grace. She'll do whatever to get to me."

"You have to leave. Get the fuck out of town." Cassian says, coming onto the phone. I was about to say something when I heard a loud bang downstairs. I took a deep breath. 

"I'll talk to you guys later." I whispered, hanging up on them. I slid out of Killian's grip, grabbing my gun and my daggers. 

I slowly made my way out of my room, trying to not make any noise. Damien came out of his room, a gun in his hands.

"Is everybody home?" I whispered. He nods. 

We slowly made our way down the hallway, seeing two figures coming up the stairs. Guns in their hands. I took a deep breath, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. When they got closer, I put a bullet in each of them. Damien crouched down, taking their guns. He felt for a pulse then shook his head. We slowly made our way down the stairs, checking everywhere. 

"Split up." I whispered. Damien looked at me as if I was the crazy one. "I'll be fine. Meet back here in a few, okay?"

"Just be careful. I love you." I nod. 

"Love you too." I mumbled, walking away from him. 

I was about to round a corner when someone elbowed me in the face. I stumbled back a bit, looking at the intruder. 

"You really want to go?" I ask, curious. She threw a punch, making my head go to the right. I jabbed her stomach, before kneeing her face. I grabbed my dagger, slitting her throat. She grabbed a hold of her throat but she wasn't going to make it. She was losing too much blood. 

I kept moving, before walking back to the living room. Damien was already there, seeing the blood drip down my cheek and mouth.

"How many?" I ask, curious.

"Just one. You?"

"One. So four total." 

"I didn't check the dining room though." He whispers, looking at it. I nod, aiming my gun towards the room. He aimed his gun too, walking in first. He looked around, turning the light on. My breath hitched in my throat, seeing the head and blood on the walls. "What the fuck?"

I turned on my heel, walking back up the stairs. I walked over to the two people on the floor, crouching down. I pulled their sleeve up, seeing the tattoo that I have. I patted their pockets, taking their phone out of their pocket. 

"What happened?" Angel whispers, coming out of her room. 

"Pack a bag." I whispered, unlocking the phone. 

"Maeve, what happened?" 

"Pack a bag, Angel." I grit out. I heard her retreating footsteps then her door slam shut. I scrolled through the messages, before clicking on the one with Joseph's. I read it before breaking the phone. 

"Maeve?" Axel says, coming out of his room.

"Make everybody pack a bag." He nods. I moved over to the second body, lifting his sleeve up. I patted his pockets, pulling his phone out before breaking it. He doesn't have a mark so he was new. New people don't get marks until they prove themselves. 

--

"So what you are saying is that Grace is behind all of this?" Ryder asks, looking at me. 

"Joseph is dead. Who else would be running whatever this is?" I ask, confused.

"We saw proof, Ryder. Joseph is dead. His head wasn't on his body anymore." Belle says, crossing her arms. "In my opinion I would rather have killed him but that's just me."

"Grace may not be even in the game, though." 

"Look, whoever is doing this is killing loose ends. Starting with Alec." 

"You're next, Ryder. You were there longest with Alec." Cassian says, a frown on his face. "Then it's me then Belle and Maeve will be last."

"Where even is this Grace person at?"

"I think I have a pretty good choice." Belle says, glancing at him. "She's where it all started."

"The warehouse."

"It's demolished." I looked at them all. 

"No it's not. Someone bought it before it was demolished. Nobody knows who though." I whispered. "I thought it was some sort of joke until I saw it for myself. It's not demolished."

"Who bought it though?"

"My guess is Grace and Hazel's father." Cassian says, shrugging. "But that's just me." 

"Or Hazel asked him to buy it-"

"It's the same thing I just said. Hazel's father is the owner." Cassian says, glaring at Ryder.

"Can you two stop? I want this over with as much as you two do." Belle says. "I want revenge for what Joseph did to my parents. Doesn't matter that he's dead. I still want revenge."

"Then we have to train. Maeve hasn't trained in forever." Ryder says, glancing at me. 

"Then so be it. We can all train. It's what we do best, right? Train?" Belle says, shrugging. "We start tomorrow. I know somebody that can help us. Your brothers will also be there. The ones that will participate in the war. The others need to get out of town. Far away from here."

"I know." 

"We'll meet back up tomorrow. Deal?" Ryder says, annoyed.

"Deal." We mumbled, walking out of the room. 

~

So, I published another book called "The Scars Left by Memories." Go check it out if you want.

Also, this will be my last update of July. I am going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until a week from tomorrow. Understand that I will not write at all when I'm out of town. I need a break from writing and away from my characters. Please respect that. 

Have a nice day or night!