40- Races.

"Any fun plans later today, Maeve?" My therapist asks, curious.

"I'm going to the races today." 

"That sounds fun."

"Angel and Damien are also going. Then afterwards I'm going to a street race." She nods. "Damien is going to that too along with Julian. I think Axel wants to go also but he may have to work."

"What about Vanessa and the others?"

"They don't really like that kind of things. After everything is over between things they do want to watch me race or fight. I would rather have them watch a race instead of a fight. The fights get bloody. Our time is up." She sighs, standing up as well. 

"I'm glad you and the siblings are getting along. There's still some ways to go to get a good, healthy relationship with Damien though."

"I know. He's trying and so am I. Angel is happy for us." 

"I'll see you next week, Maeve. Or it may not be me that is going to be here next week." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I may be out of town. There'll be somewhere taking over my patients though."

"You are finally taking that vacation I suggested?" She laughs.

"Yeah, I'm finally going to get that vacation I deserve. I'll see you around, Maeve." 

"Bye Emma. Have fun on your vacation. Enjoy it and bring me back some pictures." She laughs, shaking her head. I walked out before we could say anything else. 

Damien was waiting outside, leaning against his car. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You do realize I have my own car, correct?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you here?"

"I can't take my sister to get something to eat for lunch?"

"I guess?" He rolled his eyes. "I'll follow you. better pick something that we'll both enjoy, Damien." 

"I'll meet you there." 

--

I walked up the steps with Angel in front of me and Damien behind me. My guards were placed all around us in normal clothes. You couldn't tell they were here because I was here. There had to be over 20 guards. I didn't take any chances. If Hazel is here then whoever she's working for is here.

"I'm so tired." Angel whispers, leaning her head on my shoulder. 

"You sleep alright last night?" Damien asks, confused. 

"Not really. I was nervous about today."

"About the races or?"

"About someone getting shot." Damien glanced at me. 

I sighed, "How about this, wherever you want to go, I'll make sure it happens." She looked at me, furrowing her eyebrows. "I'm a target, Angel and if you are near me, you will be a target also. Along with Damien and the others. I can handle myself. I want you far from here. Somewhere were I have power at." 

"Will I have body guards?" She whispers. I nod. 

"Yes, you will." 

"But what about the war?"

"What about it?"

"I mean, what's going to happen if you go to war and lose everything?"

"Then I lose everything." 

"Won't you be sad?"

"A part of me would be missing but then that would just mean that I get to spend more time with my kids and more time with you guys. The mafia isn't my entire life, Angel. Sure, if I done things differently then the mafia would have been my entire life."