21- Unknown.

I put my phone up to my ear, dialing a number. I watched as she pulled it out and furrowed her eyebrows. It was an unknown number. She answered it and put it up to her ear.

"Hello?" Her sweet voice came out.

"You should know better than to answer an unknown number." I saw her tense up and look around. Her eyes passed right through me.

"Maeve?" Her voice came out more like a whisper.

"In the dust." I mumble. "How's school?"

"It's good. I, uh, got another scholarship." I took another drink of my coffee. She looked back at me, connecting our eyes. Hers widened.

"Don't." I say, coldly. She sat back down and stared at me.

"I like your hair. It's nice. I like the color you dyed it too. Suits you, you know?"

"Compliments my eyes." I say, as I take off my glasses. She stared at my red eyes and smiled.

"Why didn't you call?"

"I had to sort through my thoughts. I'm sorry." She looked at the door then back at me.

"Vanessa is here."

"I'll talk to you later, Angel. Don't say anything about this phone call, alright?"

"Can you come to my event tonight?" I smile at her.

"I'll be there. I promise. Goodbye Angel. I'll talk to you tomorrow, alright?" She nods.

"I miss you, Maeve. I'll see you tonight at my event." I nod and hang up. Vanessa sat down in front of her. I stood up and wink at her. She had a huge smile on her face. I left.

--

Angel's pov

I was livid. Beyond livid. She wasn't there. She said she would and she wasn't.

I sat in the same seat I was yesterday. My phone rang, making me look at it. I answered it.

"You weren't there. You said you would be and you weren't. You-You promised." I spat out.

"I was there. Your poem about losing people, that brought tears to my eyes." I tensed up. "Your art pieces, if you want me to, you can get on the market. Sell them for about 10k or something like that."

"I-I didn't see you." I look around the shop, connecting eyes with red ones.

"Was hidden, A. I know how to hide from plain view." I let out a breath. "Afraid I wouldn't show? I know how important those things are to you. I wasn't at the others, considering I don't live in New York anymore. Now, you didn't answer my sentence. Do you want me to sell those paintings? It's up to you, if you want to. I won't do shit without your permission."

"W-Who would you sell it to?" She laughs. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Honey, I opened up a gallery. Just one. I may open up more. It mostly has all of my paintings in it. Mostly about gone. Reminds me I have to create more. Anyway, it's up to you. You would get all the money. Either in cash or in another way." I nod and bite my lip. "You don't have to do it. It's up to you. Just an idea."

"I'm sorry, M." She raised an eyebrow. "For yelling at you."

"It's fine. I suspected it. How's school?"

"Good. Dumb people." She nods. "How's Italy?" She tensed up. "Sorry. You always talked about it when we were young. Then the post card."

"You got the postcard?" She asks, confused. I nod. "I'm sorry for not contacting you."

"You were hurting. You had a right to be." She nods. I look at the door to see Damien coming in. She tensed up. "I didn't know he was coming."

"It's fine. I'll see you later, Angel. Think about the offer. It's a good one. You don't have to take it. Just consider it." With that, she hung up. Damien sat down in front of me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't know you liked this cafe." I say, looking around. He shrugs.

"I don't. Saw you in here and wanted to have breakfast with you. Is that so bad?" I shake my head.

Ever since Maeve left, things have been rocky between us. We both knew it. I was beyond pissed with him. He made her leave. He's been trying ever since.

"Oh. But this is far from the garage. Why are you here?" I ask, confused. My phone buzzes, making me look at it.

M- He's trying, Angel. Spend time with him. If you don't, sooner or later you'll regret it.

I looked at her who was standing up. I watched as she walked out the door. She looked at me and winked. I looked back at Damien who was raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm?" I ask, confused.

"I can't treat my sister?" I shrug. "You did a good job on your event last night."

"Thanks." He nods.

How do you like this? Made my heart warm by writing this. Anyway, I may update this again. Don't know yet.

Share. Comment. Vote.