41- Gym.

Angel

I leaned against the doorway, watching as sweat dripped down Maeve's body. She was working herself too hard. She just got out of the hospital early this morning much to Axel's protests. He wanted there at least a couple more hours to monitor her. She had a few scrapes and small burns from the car exploding but nothing too major. 

I let out a sigh before turning around and walking away. My hand fell to my stomach automatically. I walked into the dining room, seeing everybody there along with Lucian and Killian.

"Still in the gym?" Lucian asks, looking at me. I nod, sitting down next to Damien.

"What exactly happened at the race?" Vanessa asks, confused.

"Her car exploded. A bomb was under the seat and she activated it once she got in. It wasn't there when she left here or at any other place she stopped at. The person had to do it at the race." Killian says, a small frown on his face. 

"Who do we think it is?" Lucian and Killian looked at each other. 

"You already have a good idea who it is, don't you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, we do." The table fell silent. 

After Maeve jumped out of the car and it exploded, she passed out. Damien and them were still in the stands and they saw the car explode. They immediately rushed towards her besides Vanessa and Sebastian. Axel wanted Vanessa to stay back to make sure she didn't get hurt either. Damien, Axel and Killian stayed with her in the hospital while the others went home. Killian's orders. 

Maeve came into the dining room after a while, pulling a sweatshirt over her body. She stopped moving once she saw everybody was staring at her.

"I am not dying. I am fine so please stop trying to scan me for injuries because I have none."

"Besides a couple burns and scratches."

"Fuck off." Her phone buzzed in her pocket. We watched as she took it out and her expression darkened. 

"Something wrong, Eve?" Lucian asks, curious. She glanced up at him before turning her attention towards her phone. 

"I'll be back later."

"Where are you going?" Axel asks, raising his eyebrows. "Maeve, you need to be on bed rest."

"Why?"

"Maybe because you jumped out of a moving car and it exploded? You also haven't slept in over 24 hours." 

"That sucks. I'll take a nap when I get home. How does that sound?" 

"When will you be back?"

"Have no clue. Whenever my meeting will be done." 

"What meeting? You have no meetings today." Lucian says, a small frown on his face. "Maeve?" 

"You could get killed. You aren't going." Julian says, suddenly. 

"Are we seriously about to have a conversation on this?" 

"Yes. You aren't going. You need to rest."

"I'll be home later." She says, walking off. We heard the door slam a second later.

"She has a tracker on her." Lucian says, standing up. I sigh, leaning back in my seat. 

Maeve

I sat down in the booth, running a hand through my hair. Alec sat down a minute later, worry was on his face. 

"I heard about what happened. I know how much you liked that car." I shrug.