9- Breakfast.

I woke up with a bead of sweat covering my forehead. My breathing was uneven and I was shaking. My one dog instantly came over and started licking my face.

It's been a week since the talk with all of them with the cut. It's been a day since William got put into the ground. I didn't go to the funeral. I couldn't but Angel and Damien did. I resented them for it but I didn't say anything. I remember that he didn't do shit to them. He only did it to me.

After a few minutes, my breathing turned back to normal. I was still shaking though. Was normal after a nightmare. I slowly let out a breath and put my hands on Brody's fur. I start petting him, making him lay down next to me. Murphy was still laying down, just staring at me. I didn't care.

They may be scary dogs but I wanted them to have cute names.

I took a deep breath and slowly got out of bed. I needed to take my mind off things.

I got out of my pjs which were shorts and a random shirt. I put on a sports bra and sweatpants. I grabbed my wraps that I used if I was punching a punching bag.

I grabbed my cell phone and my wireless headphones. I walked to the gym which was in the basement. Axel showed it to me when I asked about it.

I walked in with both dogs. I set my phone down on one of the benches and put my headphones in, playing one of my many playlists.

Axel's pov

I looked at everybody then at the one seat where Maeve was supposed to be. Vanessa came in and shook her head.

"Room is empty. Both dogs are gone too." She says, frowning.

One rule I placed was that everybody had to be here during lunch, dinner or breakfast. Yes, those rules apply to all of us but it was mostly applied with Maeve. Even though me, Vanessa and Sebastian had weird hours, we still tried to attend. They weren't applied to us but to everyone else. We all knew Maeve skipped meals, so I placed that rule. So far, she's been here. This was the first one she missed.

"She's not in the house, Axel." I clenched my jaw.

"She probably ran away." Damien mumbled. We didn't comment on it.

The front door opened up and we all looked at each other.

"Maeve?" I yelled. No answer. "Maeve?" Still no answer.

I got up and walked out towards the living room. She had headphones on, pacing. I furrowed my eyebrows. She sensed me staring at her and looked at me. She took out her headphones.

"Hmm?" She asks, confused.

"Where were you?"

"Oh, on a run. I needed to clear my head. I took my dogs." She says, gesturing to the pets who were coming out with slobber on their chins. "Did you need something because you're staring?"

"It's breakfast. The rule."

"Oh, I ate earlier. My plate is in the sink, or it was. I think I washed it. It's probably in the cupboards. Had pancakes. No, wait. Waffles. I had waffles. With butter and syrup. They also had frosting on them. And sprinkles. I also ate the rest of the strawberries."

"You ate the rest of the strawberries?" I ask, confused.

"Oh yes. I split it up. Had half for breakfast then the rest I had a smoothie. Was very good if I say so myself." She says, smiling.

"Are you high?" I ask, confused.

"Hmm? No. I am very much not high. Why? Do we not have strawberries? Maybe it was bananas or raspberries."

"You ate a whole pack of strawberries? Fresh strawberries that I got yesterday?" I ask, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"Oh yes, I did eat those. I'm sorry. Did I not share? I thought, I just thought you got them a week ago. I read the date. They expired yesterday so I just ate them."

"Maeve, take a breath, okay?" I say, very concerned. She took a deep breath. "Now slowly let it out." She did what I said. "Are you alright? You seem very jittery."

"I'm fine. Have lots of energy today. I'm gonna go take a shower." She says, smiling at me. She walks past me and goes upstairs. I stand there a minute, feeling very confused. I went back into the dining room and they looked at me.

"Sebastian, go see if there is an empty container in the garbage, if you can't find one, see if there are strawberries in the fridge." He frowns but goes to check. He comes back a minute later and holds up the strawberry container.

"You just bought those yesterday." Matt says, frowning. "I was looking forward to eating those. Who the hell ate them?"

"Maeve. Do we have waffles? I know I didn't buy any yesterday."

"No. I don't think so."

"She made breakfast for herself? She never makes breakfast." Damien says, confused.

"I did hear her get up this morning around 1." Vanessa says, shrugging.

"Is she drunk?" Angel asks, looking at me. I shake my head.

"She's very on edge. Do I know why? No, no I do not." Do I wish to know why? Yes, yes I do.

Yes I know I posted two chapters. I just like writing on this book I guess. Anyway have a good day/night!