25- Cookies.

My phone rang, breaking me out of my thoughts. The kids were with Gwen and Bethany. They came to Italy for Demitri's birthday considering it was in a few days.

I answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"What?" I ask, annoyed.

"Y-You have a kid? A child. A literal child." Angel starts. I sigh and stop doing what I was doing.

"Yeah? So?"

"You have a child Maeve! A LITERAL CHILD!" I wince and slowly let out a breath.

"Come to Italy, Angel." The words were out of my mouth before I stopped them. I tensed up.

"What? You- What?"

"Come to Italy, Angel. I'll get you a flight. Come see me." I say, softly.

"But what about school?"

"Tell Axel you have to come to Italy because of some deal with the gallery your dealing with."

"But what-"

"Just say you can come alone. I'll get you a flight so you don't have to worry about anything. You can stay at my house."

"I can't believe I'm doing this but okay. I'll come." A smile broke out on my face.

"Good. You like Italy."

"What about Damien? He's going to see right through my lie."

"Then he needs to step out of your life. It's yours to live. Not his."

"When does the plane leave?"

"It's already at the airport. I'll send a car so you'll arrive tomorrow morning." She let out a breath. "Angel, you can stay as long as you like. Pack whatever. Comfy clothes considering we're mostly gonna be here at home but we can go see the tourist things."

"Really? Oh my God!" She shouts in excitement. I heard rummaging around in the background. I leaned against the counter and looked at my nail. They were covered in flour but I didn't care. "Oh hey Axel. Thought you were working a shift?"

I tensed up. I stayed silent until she came back on.

"What time does it leave again?"

"Whenever you get there, Angel. The car will be there in a few but won't come up onto the property until you send me the text that you're ready." She hums in response. "I'll let you go, Angel. I'll see you when you get here."

"Bye Ivy." I hung up and took a deep breath. I was about to regret this, wasn't I?

--

I watched as my kids played in the backyard. Someone rang the doorbell, making someone get it. I stayed rooted in my spot until someone came over to me. I looked at the guard.

"What?"

"Someone's here for you. Name's Angel." I let out a breath.

"I told you to let in the person who said their name was Angel, did I not?" I ask, tilting my head. He nods and quickly scurried away. I looked back at the kids and smiled to myself.

I doubled up security considering Angel was coming. I also doubled it up because Gwen and Bethany were here. Demitri's birthday is in one day, another reason why I doubled it.

Someone bear hugged me from behind and I giggled. I turned around and hugged her back.

"How was the flight?" I ask, once she let go.