35- Selfish.

⚠️Violence⚠️

"Maeve!" Ivan says, a huge smile on his face.

The only people who were in the ballroom were the people in the mafia. People who weren't, went out the back door.

"Ivan." I say, disgust filled my tone. His children were right next to him. His eyes scanned my body up and down, making me still at him in disgust even more.

"A nice ball you were having. Such a shame it ended."

"Because you showed up. I was actually having fun." He smirked.

"Were you? Drinking the sparkling water considering you can't drink alcohol because you tried killing yourself? God, you are so selfish."

"You do realize every single person in this room has their gun trained on you. Not me. You." He smiles.

"I don't think you understand something, Maeve." He says, walking down the steps.

"Explain then, Ivan. We have all the time in the world." He continued walking until he was only a few steps away from me.

He had a huge smirk on his face, "People are plotting your downfall, Maeve. I would love to see you fall and someone else rise up in your position."

"Who would do that? You?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. He threw his head back and laughed.

"Oh you are so funny." He says, wiping under his eyes. He straightened up. "Don't say I didn't warn you because I did."

With that, he slit his own throat. My eyes widened with everybody else's. I looked at his kids who were still up at the top of the stairs. They also slit their throats.

"Fucking hell." I mumbled, running a hand down my face. "Clean this shit up. I got business to go handle."

--

I walked into the safe house, blood still covering my dress. You couldn't really tell considering my dress was a dark color. Lucian walked in after me, a murderous look on his face.

"Downfall? A fucking downfall? What the hell are we? Some type of rainbow people?" I ask, pissed off. Killian and Lucian stared at me. "Then me, selfish? Yeah, sure I can become selfish at some times but seriously? How was that selfish?"

Someone jumped on me, wrapping me in a hug. I immediately pried their arms off, stepping back.

"I need a shower." I grit out, before walking up the steps.

Third person

Everybody watched as Maeve walked up the stairs, mumbling things under her breath. Lucian and Killian turned their attention to Angel.

"Don't take it to heart, Angel. Let her cool down some." Lucian says, softly.

"What happened? Why is Ivan back?" Blake asks, pissed off. Lucian and Killian looked at each other then at her.

Killian ran a hand through his hair, "We can't explain that, exactly. Maeve is going to have to."

"Don't get mad at her if she does something."

"Does something?" Axel asks, confused. The question in his eyes.

"No. She won't harm herself. What Killian is trying to say is that she may take her anger out on you guys. She'll say things that she doesn't mean."

"Why? What happened?"

"She'll tell you. It's not our business to share. Give her some time to wrap her head around things. She may start drinking but she won't do it in front of the kids. She knows better than to do that. They are asleep, right?" Lucian asks, looking at Gwen and Bethany. They both nod.

"Anna is upstairs, watching tv." Gwen says, softly.

"I'm gonna change." Killian whispers. "I need to get out of this suit." He looked at Lucian. "Don't let anybody in."

"Yes, I know." Lucian says, rolling his eyes. Killian sighed, walking up the stairs.

Killian walked into Maeve's bedroom, taking his tie and suit jacket off. He unbuttoned the first few buttons of his shirt, revealing his tattooed chest. After a few minutes, Maeve came out, tying her robe. Her eyes locked with Killian's, stopping all movements.

"Are you okay?" He asks, softly.

"I'm perfectly fine."

"Ivan slit his throat in front of you, Maeve. Got blood on your dress and his children, the ones who visited you in the hospital, slit their own throat too. That is a little messed up, don't you think?" She shrugs.

"I'm fine, Killian." He stared at her, before standing up.

"I'm always here if you need to talk, alright?" She nods. "I'll see you downstairs, right?"

"I'll be there." She whispers. Maeve watched as Killian walked out of the door, shutting it. She let out a breath. "I will be fine. Hopefully."

--

Maeve

I walked into the dining room, sitting down at the head of the table. A drink was in my hand and the bottle in my other hand. Axel opened his mouth, making me put up my hand.

"You talk about anything with alcohol here, I will kill you myself with my bare hands." He stared at me, realizing I was serious.

"I wasn't going to talk about that."

"Mm."

"I really wasn't." I rolled my eyes, taking a sip of my whiskey. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Would I have an answer?"

"Yes?" 

"Then go ahead."

"First and foremost, who was the guy shooting?" Vanessa asks, speaking up.

"That is Ivan. Our uncle. Dad's side. He's a son of a bitch." Damien says. They nod.

"But why did he crash your ball, Maeve? Nobody has seen him since we were little besides his kids." Angel says, confused. I looked at Axel who gave me an encouraging nod.

"You guys know my legal business, right?"

"You own different buildings. Gyms, bars, hotels, hospitals, all of that." Angel says, frowning.

"Right." I whispered, taking a deep breath. "I'm in the illegal world too. Like mafia and all of that." They tensed up besides Axel and Damien and the other ones that knew.

"What?" Atticus asks, confused. I bit my lip, trying to find the best way possible.

"I run the largest mafia." That was all it took before hell broke lose.

It will be a little while before a next chapter will be posted. Hope you guys like this one!