27- Back in town.

Angel's pov

Stares were on me but I didn't look up. I took another sip of my water and set it back down.

"What's going on, Angel?" Damien asks, confused. I didn't say anything and kept my gaze on the table.

I was nervous. More so that a fight will break out between some people. Mostly between Damien and Maeve. She wasn't here yet.

It's been almost two months since I went to Italy. Almost two months since I last saw her. We've been talking on the phone almost every day before I went to bed. She sent me pictures of Adaline and Demitri almost every week and man, they are getting big. I miss them. I missed her more than ever. I wanted to tell the news to everybody so I wanted her here.

Another presence came into the room, making the air thick. I tensed up but didn't look up.

"M-Maeve?" Vanessa says, immediately standing up.

"I don't do physical contact, Van. You know this." Her voice was sweet. Not mean, not rude, but sweet. She was being nice for the first time to them. I mean, she's been nice to them before but I'm surprised she's not using her strict tone with them like she did before.

"You-You're back?" Damien said.

"Only for Angel. She asked me to be here." Maeve says, before taking a seat next to Damien. It was the only seat available. I slowly looked at her and met her gaze. "Hello Angel. How are you?"

"Fine." I whisper, taking another sip of water.

"You're nervous. Why?" She asks, looking at my body tone. I didn't answer her. "Sorry. Out of habit, I guess."

"Where have you been, Maeve? You left." Julian says, his voice coming out as a whisper.

"Let's not focus on me tonight. You have all week to yell at me then I'm off again. Or not. Just depends if all goes well." She says, frowning. "Tonight is about Angel and the reason why we're here, right? So let's not focus on me, and let's focus on Angel."

"You won't let it go, will you?" Atticus asks, making her shake her head.

"Nope." She says, popping the 'p'. Everybody turned their heads towards me. I slowly looked back at the table, beginning to think this was a mistake. "Angel, how's school? You haven't been answering my calls lately but it's alright. You're a very busy girl."

"You call her?" Matt asks, confused.

"Of course I do. I wasn't about to abandon her."

"Like you did the rest of the family?" Damien gritted out. Maeve let out a breathy chuckle.

"Oh, so now we're gonna do this? Well I'm sorry I didn't want to be in the same house as the people who called me and I quote, 'a worthless pig who is just money hungry', you also called me and I also quote, 'a gold digging whore'." Everybody tensed up and she smirked. "Didn't think I heard that little conversation, did ya? Was one of the reasons why I left. Angel knows the rest considering I don't feel like sharing it."

"I'm-"

"I don't want to hear it. I really don't. I'm alright now. I forgave you the moment I left the country."

"I'm pregnant." I whisper, making Maeve tense up and turn to look at me.

"Huh?" Sebastian asks, confused.

"Do you want it?" Maeve asks, softly. I looked at her and slowly nodded. "How far along are you?"

"You're pregnant?" Damien says, his eyes almost popping out of his head.