17- Fight.

Blood dripped down from my mouth. The person threw another punch that I dodged. I faked a left hook making him dodge. I immediately threw a right hook. He didn't dodge quick enough making my fist connect with his jaw.

The crowd went wild but I didn't care. I roundhouse kicked him, making him stumble back. I raised an eyebrow.

"Quit yet?" I ask, curious. He shook his head. I sigh. "You still don't learn to quit, do you?"

I threw another punch, aiming for the nose. A crack made its way to my ears. I threw another punch, making him fall down. I got on top of him, throwing punch after punch.

Someone pulled me off of him and I smirked.

"Should've quit when you had the chance." I mumble, but loud enough for him to hear it.

"The winner is THE QUEEN!" The announcer says, making the crowd go wild. I looked around. My gaze met Damien's gaze. I rolled my eyes.

I get out of the rink. I go over to my manager, Luke. He looks at me.

"All legal." He says, handing me a bag.

"Better be." I mumble.

"You know I just don't give out illegal money." I narrowed my eyes. "Besides that one time."

"You get all the money from the bets. You know that will be a lot of money." He sighs.

"I don't get why you don't touch the illegal shit."

"I do, but I like the legal money better."

"This isn't even legal."

"But this money is. Whatever."

"You do realize you got a race, right?" He says, scanning the crowd.

"I know." Damien came over to us and glared at me. "What do you want, D? Come to yell at me or whatever? If you did, get lost. I don't need negativity in my life."

"You're fighting with a sprained wrist. Seriously, Maeve?" My manager looked at me.

"You're fighting with what now?"

"It's healed." I say, through gritted teeth.

"Is it now? I remember you sprained it two weeks ago." I tensed up.

"What is he talking about?" Luke asks, coldly. I looked at him.

"I'm fine. Doesn't even fucking hurt."

"I'm not doing this shit again, Maeve. The last time you were hurt, you ended up in the goddamn hospital because you had internal bleeding. Tell me right now what the hell your injuries are." I sigh.

"Just a sprained wrist."

"Maeve."

"Just a sprained wrist. Nothing else is wrong." He narrowed his eyes.

"Du nimmst diese verdammten Pillen wieder, nicht wahr?" I tensed up. (You're taking those goddamn pills again, aren't you?)

"I can explain." I mumble.

"Explain? Fuck Maeve. You don't realize how fatal a hit to the head would be if you got them in your system. You'll be dead before you hit the floor." Damien looked at him then at me.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"I'm only gonna say this one time, and one time only. Do not come back here with that shit in your goddamn system. I'm not having another death on my hands." I let out a breath. "You better be there for your race. If you're not, then you already know."

I look at Damien. He looked at me weird.

"Dude, what the hell is your problem with me? I separated myself from the siblings like YOU wanted me too. I don't get what else you want from me. You keep ruining things for me and I don't fucking get it."

"I didn't make you do anything." I raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Okay, then tell me why I'm not included in the events that the siblings do? Why am I singled out every single time? You're just hurting Angel's feelings by that but you know what, it's not even my problem anymore. I'm done. You can explain to Angel what the fuck you did. She's going to hate you for the rest of her life because you drove me away. I'll stay away from her too, considering that's all you ever wanted." I say, shrugging. He tensed up.

"Maeve-"

I walked away from him before hearing whatever he said.

--

I walk into the mansion after 3 am. I knew everybody would be asleep. I slowly take my shoes off. My dogs come down the steps to see me at the door. I sigh and walk up the steps.

"Where were you?" Angel asks, softly. I opened my mouth but then remembered my conversation earlier. My face hardened.

"Places." I say, coldly. I knew I hurt her but isn't that what Damien wanted? For me to not be near her? It's fucking stupid but hey, whatever Damien wants, Damien gets.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing Angel. Just leave me alone." I say, coldly.

I continue walking up the stairs, not waiting for a response. I walked inside and shut the door, locking it behind me.

I went over to the corner of the room and pried open the loose floorboard. I sat down beside it. I took out the letters that were addressed to me and started looking through them. Reading from the earliest date.

How did you guys like the fight scene?