22- Birthday.

I walked into the restaurant, looking around. My eyes connected with Angel's. Her face lit up. I walked over to her and sat down in front of her. She smiled at me while I just stared at her.

Oh right, over in Italy, I got more meaner. How? I'm not sure really. My resting bitch face improved. It got a lot more bitchier. It's fine, I didn't care.

"I don't like your face." I shrug.

"People aren't supposed to like my face. Makes them shit their pants. Or piss them. Depends on the person." I say, frowning. She laughs. "Siblings here?"

"I'm in the bathroom." I nod.

"Why are we meeting, Angel? You wouldn't risk this." She sighs and looks around. "You're gonna get shit for this, you know?"

"I decided." I raised an eyebrow.

"Go on. Better make it quick. Got 2 minutes left." I say, looking at my watch. I look back at her. "What's the decision? You doing it?" She nods.

"I haven't touched the money-"

"I know. You nor Damien have. It's fine. Expected it."

"I want the money, though. You can have yours back." I shake my head.

"You see, I can't do that. I can't take my money back. If I do, you'll get it back. Simple. So keep it." She nods and I look back at my watch.

"I want it in cash." I nod and look at her.

"Got it." I stand up. "I'll get them to my gallery, soon as possible. You'll get the money. As soon as it sells."

"Maeve-" She starts and I glare at her. "Right, sorry. Ivy, you don't-"

"I do. The ones you want me to sell are already in my possession." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"But they were in the m-mansion." She stuttered out.

"I know some people who know some people. It's fine. I just took your paintings. That's it. Nothing else." I say, smirking. She looked more confused than ever. "You sent me the pictures you wanted me to sell, and I took them. They're already on their way to Italy."

"How'd you do it?" I raised an eyebrow. "This lifestyle, Ivy. You changed."

"For the better, Angel. You see a side that nobody else sees. My nice side. Only two people have seen it. Anyone else sees it, they're dead in an instant."

"I miss you."

"Everybody misses me, Angel. I don't go back to their toxic lifestyle." She nods. I look at my watch. "Time to go, Angel. Have fun with the siblings."

"Ivy, wait." I raised an eyebrow. "C-Can we have lunch?"

"Depends. May be a little while until we do, A." She nods and stands up. "Go celebrate. Vanessa is going to come find you so better hurry up, Angel."

"It was nice seeing you again, Eve." I nod at her.

I turn on my heel and walk out of the restaurant.

--

I raised an eyebrow at Demitri.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I ask, curious. He shrugs. "Well, it's coming up. You're turning 6. You don't want anything for your birthday? Anything at all?"

"I want daddy." He mumbles. I tensed up and tears pricked my eyes. "I miss him."

"I know buddy. I miss him too." He looks at me.

"Will he come visit?" I bite my lip. "I want him at my birthday party."

"I know. I'll, um, why don't you go get ready for bed?" I ask, diverting the topic. He nods.

He runs up the stairs and I let out a sigh. I kept the tears in. I wasn't about to have a meltdown. Not today. I turn everything off and walk up the stairs a few minutes later. Angel was already asleep. I put her down 30 minutes ago. I went into Demitri's room and saw he was laying down, staring at the ceiling. I went over and laid down beside him.

"I love you, you know?" I say, softly. He looks at me.

"I know. I love you more, mom." I raised an eyebrow.

"That's not possible and you know it." I say, bopping his nose. He lets out a giggle. "Sweet dreams, baby. Mommy loves you."

"Love you." He whispers.

I kiss his cheek and get out of his bed. I turned on his nightlight and left. I shut his door and slowly walked towards her room. I open it a little bit to see her asleep. I smile. I shut the door and went into my room.

Both dogs were on my bed, asleep. I change out of my clothes into my pajamas. I climbed into the bed and turned on the tv. I stayed like that until sleep took over.