36- Mafia.

"What happened at the ball tonight?" One of my closest friends asks, pissed off.

"People are plotting our downfall."

"And who are these 'people'?"

"I have no clue."

"Then find out."

"Elio, it's not simple."

"How not?"

"Because the only people who could tell us anything slit their throats in front of us." Lucian says, a deep frown on his face.

Elio pinched the bridge of his nose, "I'll help you."

"Do you want your mafia back?" He shakes his head.

"No. After I'll do this and help you, I don't want any part of the underworld."

"Okay. I understand." Elio nods.

"Now, I'm going to go and talk with my wife. I want protection-"

"You'll always have it. Every mafia family who wants out gets protection."

"I'll see you in a couple of days, Maeve." With that, Elio walked out. I looked at Lucian, taking a deep breath.

"I have to go talk to the siblings and everything. You'll be alright?"

"Yeah, go." I walked out of the room, going down the stairs and into the dining room.

After I said I was in the whole mafia thing, guards interrupted us so we never got to talk. News got to every person in the mafia that people are plotting our downfall. Our guess is a small Russian group. They have hated me since I first got control of the Italian mafia. Then again with the others.

I sat down at the head of the table, making everybody look at me.

"Sorry, I had to take care of that."

"Can we ask who the person was?"

"I have different mafias in my possession and they were one of the leaders of it. He's helping me out with this problem along with the other mafia leaders."

"How many mafias do you have?" Atticus says, softly.

"Um, the Italians, Russians, Spanish, and some others. I also have some gangs. Small or big ones."

"Do you kill bad people?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Have you ever killed an innocent person?" Vanessa asks, her voice raspy. I tensed up.

"A couple of times. I didn't mean to but the bullet pierced them instead of the target." I whispered. "You guys aren't in any grave danger from the mafias nor from my enemies."

"How do you know that?" Angel whispered.

"Because nobody knows about you guys. Nobody knows about my kids either. It's why they grew up with Bethany for most of their life. I didn't risk it."

"Who did you get the mafia from? I've heard you can't get one unless someone passes it down or something like that."

"That's true but also not true. You can start a gang and make it into a mafia later on. Bethany's late husband, Joshua, was a leader of the mafia. Once he died, I took over. I didn't actually lead it until after I gave birth considering I had to go on bed rest."

"You were pregnant with?"

"Adaline." They nod. "I had too much stress on my body and I was in grave danger of miscarrying so I went on bed rest. It was more Malcolm's decision then it was mine."