2- The dinner.

I pulled into the mansion, pissed off. I had just got yelled by my second in command. Stupid, right? Well not fucking really.

He made a point though. I had to be more careful with what I started doing. I could've died today and I would still not care. I couldn't just leave my two other siblings. I knew they hated me, but I was trying. I was trying for Angel even though Damien didn't want me around her. It's whatever though.

I get out of my car, with my two dogs. I already asked the guardian of us if anybody was allergic. He said no.

I walked up to the door and it opened. I looked at the person.

"Um, hello?" I say, confused. The lady looked at me with disgust.

"AXEL!" She yelled, into the house. "Your girl toy is here."

"Um, excuse me?" I ask, confused. She glared at me. "I'm not a hooker, lady. I'm pretty sure I got the right address." The guy who was my guardian came to the door and looked at me. "Can you tell this lady I'm not a hooker?"

"Vanessa, this is Maeve." The lady looked at me with shock on her face. "You said you'd be here by 3."

"It's 4. I'm an hour late, so what? Traffic sucked."

"You smell like booze." Vanessa says, scrunching her nose up. I rolled my eyes.

"Can I come in, or no?" I ask, confused. Vanessa opened the door wider and I came in with both dogs. They looked around then back at the people. "Heal." They laid down.

"Your dogs are trained." Axel says, looking at them.

"And? They won't bite. Unless you provoke them. The last dude who did that, is now in the hospital considering it was a week ago. Whole hand is just gone." I say, frowning. "People should know not to mess with a girl who has dogs."

"I'm not going to ask." Axel mutters. I shrug. Vanessa tsked at me and I looked at her.

"What the hell is your problem with me?" I ask, confused. She had to be at least a year older than me. She didn't say anything and I looked at Axel. If I wasn't going to get respect, she would end up dead in a second. That's just that.

"We're having dinner in an hour so we're leaving in 30. Can you get ready in that time or do you need more?" He asks, his eyes raking up and down my outfit.

"Depends where we're going." I say, shrugging.

"A high class restaurant." Vanessa grits out. I nod.

"Okay. I'll be down in 20. Tops." I say, going over to the stairs. I stopped and looked at them. "I don't know where my bedroom is."

Axel nods and I follow him. We go to the last bedroom and I go in.

"Um, the others are across the hall in Damien's room." I roll my eyes. "Um, take your time, I guess?"

"Whatever now shoo." He nods and walks out the door, closing it on his way. I set my bags on the bed and look at my dogs. The one had a sour expression on his face.

"I know, bud. I know." I say, petting him.

I went into my bathroom and looked around. Was okay, I guess. The interior was all black. I turned on the shower and stripped out of my clothes. I looked in the mirror and saw my cheekbones sunken in. I was underweight. I knew that much. I just stopped caring after I turned 11.

I got into the shower and started doing everything I needed to do. From shaving, to washing, to rinsing off. I got out of the shower 8 minutes later. I didn't have to shave my legs, just my armpits.

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body and hair. I sigh and start doing my skin care routine.

After I was done, I went back out to my bedroom. I put my undergarments on and started fishing through my bag. I grabbed ripped jeans and a nice shirt. I wasn't about to wear a goddamn skirt or a dress. I don't do that shit.

I went over to my vanity and started doing things to my hair, making it curly. I blow dry it and put my rings back on with my necklaces. I put heels on instead of my regular shoes. I put a coat on and grabbed my purse, along with my keys and phone.

I exit my room and go downstairs. I stopped when I heard conversation. I stepped back so I wasn't in their view.

"Dude, she's taking forever." Damien groans. I stopped walking. "Why the hell did you even invite her? All she's going to do is make a fool out of you guys."

"I feel bad for the poor girl." Axel mumbles.

"She's just running a bit late." Angel says, trying to stick up for me.

That's the thing for siblings. You stick up for each other. No matter what. You don't put them down. It's one thing I love for Angel because she does it for me. Not Damien. He would rather make me the bad guy.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Let's just go, Axel. The others are waiting." Vanessa says, softly. "She's probably coming in sweatpants. She doesn't even know how to dress. Just say, we thought she already left already. She'll understand, right?"

I open my eyes when nobody says anything else. I sigh and a lone tear came down my cheek. I turned back around and walked towards my bedroom door. I opened it and slammed it shut. I locked it. My dogs looked at me but I didn't care.

Damien's pov

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK! I mentally curse myself out. Everybody looked at one another and Angel ran upstairs. She had tears building in her eyes. She hated whenever someone talked bad about another person and that was exactly what we just did.

"D-Do you think she heard us?" Vanessa whispered. She was one of our half-siblings. She was a few years older than us but she graduated at an early age. I went upstairs and saw Angel trying to talk to her.

"Maeve, they didn't mean it. Just please come out and talk to us." She says, with tears streaming down her face. I go over to it and knock, softly.

"Maeve, we didn't mean it. Just open the door so we can talk about it." I say, quietly. I put my ear up to the door and heard rummaging around. "Maeve, please. Let's just talk about it so we can go to dinner."

The door opened up, making me lose my balance. I stepped back and looked at her.

"Please, let's just talk things out. Like we always do." I say, trying to reason it out. She scoffed.

"Like we always do? We haven't done that since we were kids, Damien." She spat out. She was angry and she had a right to be.

"We're-"

"Sorry? You're really sorry? The way I see things is that none of you guys even want me here. I mean, isn't that what you wanted when we turned 10?" She asks, confused. I tensed up and Angel looked at me.

"W-What?"

"It's what you always wanted, Damien. Don't lie now. It's not nice to lie. I'm kinda sad mom didn't kill me when she had the chance." She mumbles the last sentence but we still heard it.

"Don't say that, Maeve. We love-" Angel says, with even more tears coming down her face.

"You don't love me. You guys don't even know me. I know you guys. Did you know I like to paint? Bet you didn't. Tried telling you once, but that didn't work out. Did you also know that I'm a fucked up kid? Bet you didn't know that either." She says, shrugging. She then frowns. "But, I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Right, Damien?"

Angel was now bawling her eyes out.

"I don't even know who I am anymore, but hey, that's fine. I'll get out of your hair, now." She says, looking at Axel. "I'll be back later. Maybe. Depends." With that, she leaves with her two dogs.

"Wait, Maeve." Axel says, running after her.

What did we just do?