14- Wrist.

I sat in the booth, sipping a milkshake. Apparently my wrist was just sprained. Not broken or anything like that.

"Why'd you freak out about me touching your wrist, Maeve?" Sebastian asks, curious. I didn't say anything and took another bite of my fries. "Maeve, answer."

"I don't know." I say, shrugging. He sighs.

"We're just trying to help, Maeve."

"I don't want help." A frown formed onto my face. Damien sighs, heavily.

"You probably faked spraining your wrist and had that doctor back you up." He mumbles, but I heard him. I tensed up and looked at him.

"You really think I'll stoop that low to do that?" I ask, confused. He looks at me and nods.

"You did it before."

"With what?" I ask, confused. "I never faked an injury."

"You faked having a broken arm." The others looked at me.

"I faked having a broken arm? I wasn't the one faking an illness. My broken arm was broken."

"Then how'd you get it?"

"Falling down the stairs." I say, lying through my pearly whites. He narrows his eyes.

"You don't break your arm by falling down the goddamn stairs."

"You-"

"Why do you think I was lying about that?" I ask, cutting Axel off.

"Because you practically lied about everything, Maeve."

"Everything? I lie about everything?"

"You didn't break your arm, Maeve. You just wanted attention." I laughed, dryly.

"Okay. Then why did dear old mother stand on it until it broke?" I ask, curious. He tensed up and his face dropped. Everybody's faces dropped. I stood up and lifted my shirt, showing the scar I had. "You think I faked that? You're out of your goddamn mind if you think I did."

"You're lying, like everything else." He said, shaking his head. I nod, slowly.

"Okay. Say I am." A car horn blew outside and I grabbed my jacket. "I'll be home later or not. Depends on how my mood is."

"Eve-" Angel starts, but I flip them off. I go outside and put my jacket on. I go over to the car and get in the back considering people were in the front.

"You ready to go party?" The driver asks, looking at me. I shrug.

"Go." The dude in the passenger said.

--

I look around the crowd, seeing people drunk. I would be drunk too but his lifeless body kept haunting me. I make my way outside and pull my phone out. I looked at the time and shook my head. I looked back at the house and sighed. I wasn't high, nor drunk.

Someone wrapped their arm around my lower back. You could smell the booze a mile away. I look at them.

"You going home Eve?" I nod, slowly.

"I don't want to be here anymore." He nods.

"I'll see you later, alright? Text me so I know you're safe." I smile at him.

"I will Brad." He rolls his eyes at his name. He always hated it. "You get home safe too."

"You know I'll just crash here." He kissed my temple. "I mean it, E. Be safe getting home."

I turn on my heel and walk away from him.

Me and Brad used to be buddies. Well, he was buddies with one of our old friends. After they died, Brad took it upon himself to look after me. We have things unspoken between us but we never act upon it. We were alright for the most part.

After a few minutes of walking, a car pulled up. I continued walking because I didn't want to be kidnapped.

"Maeve?" Atticus yelled, making me stop. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Following me now?"

"Your location was on and Angel was worried." I sigh. "Do you need a ride?" I look up and down the streets.

"I'm only getting into your stupid car is because I don't want to be kidnapped." I say, coldly. He nods. I climb into the passenger side and look at him. "My location wasn't on, Atticus. I don't like lairs." He looked away from me. "Whatever. Just drop me off up there."

"Why?" I lower my gaze.

"Have some things to go do." I say, shrugging. He sighs.

"You don't have your car so how will you get there?" I clenched my jaw. "I'll drop you off, Maeve."

"Fucking great." I mumble, putting my seat belt on.

He drove to where I needed. He pulled into the cemetery and looked at me. I was looking out the window, not looking at him.

"Stop." I say, after a few minutes. He pulls over and cuts the engine. He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. "Just, stay here alright?"

"But-"

"Atticus, I'm telling you to stay in your car, alright?" He sighs and slowly nods. "Just give me a few minutes, okay? Then we can go back to the stupid fucking mansion."

I got out of the car with my bag before he could say anything else. I walk over to the headstone I picked out for him. I frowned and crouched down. I touched the necklace on the headstone.

"I miss you, you know?" I say, softly. "Saw your mom a few days ago. She, uh, she didn't want to be around me, you know? It's fine. I get it. Your sister got big. She's 10, now." I let out a breath. "Your a stupid dummy, Malcolm. A stupid fucking dummy." Silence was all I heard. I sighed. "We were supposed to attend her third birthday together, dude. I can't do this. We-we had a plan. A big plan. You ruined it by dying." A lone tear streamed down my face and I quickly wiped it away. "I really hate you, you know? I really hate you." I shook my head. "I'm gonna go before I cry my eyes out. I'll talk to you later, M."

I stood up and walked back over to the car. I got in and put my seat belt on again.

The entire ride back to the mansion was silent. I didn't care. I was hurt. More than hurt.