32- Cousins.

I slowly opened my eyes. My entire body was sore. I closed my eyes again. I was tired. So tired. I just wanted to sleep. Sleep felt good.

"Glad to see you are awake." The voice I never wanted to hear again says.

"Get out." I whispered.

"Maeve-"

"Get the fuck out."

"No. You overdosed." The guy says. I slowly sat up looking at the two people I hate most in the world. "Nice to see you too Maeve."

"We missed you." His sister says, making me roll my eyes.

"You missed me? Bullshit. You missed me so much, why not call? Surely you could but you didn't. Y'all abandoned me when I had Demitri. You only came back when I overdosed. Then left again. You didn't miss me. Not at all."

"We're sorry-"

"Nah. You ain't." Lucian came into the room, making me look at him. "You invited them here, didn't you?"

"They came on their own."

"Of course they did." I whispered.

"How do you feel?"

"Where's my kids?"

"With Gwen's sister."

"Angel?"

"Outside." He sent a quick text to somebody. A few minutes later, Angel came in. She ran over to me and hugged me.

"You are an asshole." She says, pushing my shoulder.

"I know." I whisper. My lawyer and sponsor came in with Axel. I averted my eyes.

"We have to talk, Maeve." My lawyer says, softly. I shrugged. The others left besides the three people.

"You overdosed."

"Was a relapse."

"I know that but that courts don't. You are 17. You have two kids in your custody. You were doing fine. You moved to Italy. You came back. You relapse. Now what will happen to you, Maeve?"

"You're taking my kids away, aren't you?" I ask, softly.

"Only until you are 18. If you are better and haven't touched any drugs, you can have them back."

"You make it sound like they're objects. Demitri starts school soon."

"We can work around that." Axel explains.

"Where are the kids going? Bethany? Gwen?"

"They are going to Bethany again. She wanted them. Gwen has too much on her plate. You can see them whenever you want." I nod. "I suggest you think about what we're gonna do. The courts are placing you back with Axel. He can monitor you. You will go to therapy every single week. Group and one on one-"

"Group? Fucking group? I hate group and you know it."

"Maeve, it's mandatory."

"Fucking fine." I whispered.

"You will also get drug tested every two weeks."

"Better than one."

"Do you want it to be one?"

"No."

"Then stop mouthing off." I rolled my eyes.

"I get to leave in an hour, right?"

"Maeve, besides the point."

"What else do I have to do? I got therapy, group therapy, what else?"

"Eat every single meal. You can't keep skipping-"

"I don't skip." My sponsor raised an eyebrow. "Okay, every so often. I do eat-"

"You are too skinny." I let out a breath.

"I can't win, can I?" I mumbled.

"No. You can't. You are gonna live by my rules until you turn 18. Hear me?" My lawyer says, in a threatening tone.

"Fine."

"You better go to every single thing or you won't like me."

"I will."

"You fucking better." She says, before leaving. I rolled my eyes.

"Maeve, you have to do this. Just please do this." I look away from her.

"We can leave in a few."

"I don't want my fucking cousins in this room." I grit out.

"Okay."

Short chapter but eh.

How do you feel about this one? What do you want to see in the next chapter?