12- Sleepover.

I walked into the place Bethany bought and looked around. It was a week before the actual ball. Me and the kids were going to sleep here tonight. I hired some people to make it look like a fairy tale place. Pillows were everywhere. Lights were hung everywhere too. A smile was on my face.

"Oh my God!" Bethany says, walking into the place. I looked at her and saw she had a princess gown on. She saw me. "This is literally like a fairy tale."

The kids came in carrying in a dress. I raised an eyebrow.

"Is that for me?" I ask, curious. They both nod. Another pair of kids footsteps came in and I looked at them. I saw Lucian and his wife and his kid.

"I heard a sleepover was going on?" She says, smiling at me.

"There is. The more the merrier." She had a gown on while the two boys had a suit on. I smile.

"Mom, you're not wearing a gown!" Adaline says, coming over to me. I look at my clothes.

"I'm not." I say, frowning.

She grabs a hold of my hand and drags me over to the bathroom. She stops and looks at Lucian's wife, Blake. She sighs and goes over to her, dragging her also to the bathroom. We both go in and Adaline gives the dress to me.

"Go put it on, mom!" She orders after I stare at her. Blake bursts out laughing and I smile.

"Bossy." I mumble. I go into one of the stalls and undress. I slowly pull the dress up and step out of the stall. "I need help." Blake comes over and ties it.

"Like a princess." Adaline says, staring at me. I look at her.

"Who exactly do I look like?" I ask, confused.

"Belle." Both her and Blake say. I raised an eyebrow and looked at the dress.

"Oh."

"Makeup!" Adaline says, making Blake hand her a makeup palette. I closed my eyes and stayed still.

A light conversation took place between her and Blake. I stayed quiet, with a huge smile on my face.

"And done!" She says, stepping back. I opened my eyes.

"Can I see?" She nods, excitedly. I looked in the mirror and my eyes lit up. I look at her. I kissed her all over.

"MOM!" She says, making me stop. "You're ruining your makeup."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just love it."

She gave me heels and I slowly put them on.

"I hate heels." I mumble.

"Every girl does." Blake says, with a frown. I look at them.

"You wanna do something cool and fun?" I ask, curious. They both nod. "You know those big steps? You want to go down those?"

"Is that even a question, Maeve?" Blake asks, confused. I shake my head.

We exit the bathroom and go down a secret hallway. We go up a couple steps and stand outside of the doors. We look at Adaline.

"Ready?"

"Beyond ready." She says, pushing open the doors. Everybody looked up and saw us coming out, looking badass. Bethany had tears in her eyes and I smiled at her.

Lucian came up with their son. Lucian took Blake's hand, appointing her. Their son took Adaline's hand. My son came up the steps and took my hand.

"You need a boyfriend." He mumbled. I looked at him.

"Uh, no I don't." He looks at me.

"You're lonely and old. You're going to die sometime, alone."

"I have you and your sister. I don't need a man." He nods. "Men are gross."

"Ew." He shivers and I giggle. "Like girls. They will give me cooties."

"Exactly."

We stepped off the steps.

"I'm gonna go talk to grandma for a minute, okay?" I say, looking at him. He nods and lets go of my hand. He goes over to Adaline and I go over to Bethany. My eyes soften. I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"He'll be so proud, Eve." She says, pulling back from me. Tears brimmed my eyes lid but they didn't fall.

"I know."

"I'm proud. So proud." She whispers, pulling me back into a hug. "I remember when you were just a little girl, with no care in the world. You had broken ribs and your wrist was sprained. We asked but you were scared of us. Humans in general. You warmed up to us and you kept fighting. You kept fighting the battle your parents gave you but in the end, you had two kids who love you and me who loves you to Pluto and back."

"You're going to make me cry, B. Adaline will be mad if I ruin the makeup." She laughs.

"She's like you. Stubborn." I laugh.

"That's true." I say, pulling back. She looks over at Adaline who was playing with Blake's boy, Jayden. I smiled. "Young love."

"Go, Maeve. Don't miss out on tonight." I look at her. "I'll be fine. I am staying the night after all. Go."

"I love you, B." She kissed my cheek and pushed me over to them. I smile and walk over.

The rest of the night was filled with giggles and happiness. The little things matter in life. Taking a step away from the business and the mafia, it brings you sanity. A lot of men I knew, never did that. Their partners divorced them and they haven't been the same since. For me, I try to see my kids every single day. Sure, I don't see them every single day but I try. I know I won't see them a lot considering next week is the ball and I have to get everything ready for it.