44-Nightmare.

"Maeve, wake up." Someone said. They felt far away. 

"You will become my weapon. I'll make sure of it." Joseph said. Fear was in my eyes and he was feeding off of it. He feeds off of fear, sadness, and anything else that considers you weak. 

"Boss, I think she had enough of this." One of the men say, staring at the tears in my eyes. "She's scared."

"She should be."

"Please. I just want to go home." I whimpered. Joseph had a sick smile on his face. 

"This is your home now. Not that place where your worthless siblings are." 

"N-No." 

"Yes. This is your home. You are my new weapon and I will break you. Over and over again." I was shaking. I wanted to go home. I didn't want to be here. 

"Please." I whispered, looking at one of his men. Joseph grabbed a hold of my chin, making me look at him. 

"Don't even think about escaping. Everybody will kill you once I give the order." Something pricked me on the arm but I didn't want to look at it. I continued staring at Joseph who took retreating steps away from me. 

"Maeve, wake up. It's alright. You're safe." 

"Remember Maeve, you will become my weapon. You will become a machine. A machine that kills anybody or anything that stands in your way." 

I jolted up, my breathing heavy. Sweat was pouring down my forehead along with my back. 

"Hey, hey." Killian whispers. I looked at him. "It's just a nightmare. You're safe. It's alright." 

"Wha-What time is it?" I whispered.

"Almost 1. You weren't asleep for very long." I licked my lips, looking away from him. "Maeve, do you want to talk about it?"

"No." 

"Okay. I'm here for you. I just want you to know that." I nod. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before he broke it. "Wanna do something fun?" 

"I just want to stay inside of the house. I don't want to go anywhere."

"Fine with me." We got off the bed, before making our way downstairs. "Want to make cookies?" 

"Chocolate chip?" I ask, curious. He nods, a small smile on his lips. 

We got all the ingredients down and set them on the counter. 

--

I took a bite of the cookie, before smiling at Killian.

"Good?" He asks, curious. I nod.

"Very good."

"I've been told that I'm a pretty good baker."

"You almost set the kitchen on fire." 

"That is true." I rolled my eyes, taking another bite of the cookie. "How is training going?" I shrug.

"I forgot how draining it was." He frowns. 

"You haven't been getting a lot of sleep either."

"Don't start. You sound like Angel." 

"How is she?" 

"She's having fun over in California with Vanessa." My phone buzzed on the counter. I grabbed it, looking it over. I furrowed my eyebrows, before I heard Damien coming into the kitchen.