37- Talk.

Nerves racked through my body. I made my way downstairs, seeing the entire family sitting in the dining room. I mustered up a smile, sitting down at the head of the table. 

"Are you alright?" Vanessa asks, looking at my knuckles. I looked at them, seeing they were red. 

"Yeah, I'm alright. How about you guys? You alright?" I ask, directing my attention to all of them. 

"It's still new." Sebastian says, quietly. 

"It will be for a little bit. How do you feel, Angel?" 

"I'm good. Morning sickness still sucks." I nod, a frown on my face. Killian walked into the dining room, a glare rested on his features.

"What's wrong?" He put his phone in front of me, so I could see the photo. I furrowed my eyebrows, until I saw who was in the picture. "Want me to get him?" 

"I-"

"Killian." 

"Would you?" He whispers. I nod. 

"I'll pick him up later. I don't want to do it at the moment. He can sit for a little bit longer, can't he?" 

"I'll call them." I smiled. 

"Good. make sure they don't feed him either but do make sure they give him a lot of liquids."

"You are mean."

"He pissed me off. What can I say?" Killian smiles before walking out. I looked at the family, who had a confused expression on their face. "Killian's brother is a pain in my ass. He's currently in jail and I have to go pick him up later. He's an ass but he's a sweetheart when he wants to be." 

"Is he an assassin like Killian?" Matt asks, confused.

"No. Cassian is more like me truth be told but without the mafia title. He's a fighter. It's usually how he gets in trouble along with his mouth running. He likes to act like he's smarter than you. He won't try anything considering he's scared of me." 

"Why is he scared of you?"

"Reasons that I'm not about to share." They nod. 

"Will we have to carry guns?" Angel asks, confused. I sucked in a breath.

"You'll need proper training." They all looked at each other. "If you want, I can have someone teach you the basics of fighting. Then if you really think you'll need a gun, then I can teach you. The only person who I don't want fighting is you Angel. Not because you're a girl but because you are pregnant." 

"I know. Can you teach me how to use a gun?" 

"I'll teach you how to handle a dagger first. Then a gun." She nods, happy with the choice. My phone buzzes, making me check the message. I put it away, standing up. 

"When can we go back to the house?" 

"As soon as you want. Guards will move there as well."

"Will you move back in?" 

"Yes, I will. Now, I'm gonna go spend some time with the kids before they leave for California." They looked at me in confusion. "I don't want them around me if war is happening. Plus, Demitri is starting school in August so they're moving there. I'll visit them as often as I can. Once this war is over, I'll be moving there once I turn 18." 

"That makes sense." Angel whispers. I nod. 

"I'll see you guys later." With that, I walked out of the dining room.

--

"Cassian." I say, once he got into the car. He immediately tensed up. "Shut the door. We need to have a little talk." 

He shut the door, slowly looking at me. Fear was written across his face.

"Your mouth is going to get you killed. Along with your actions. Fighting at an airport while insulting the guy?" 

"He-" I put my hand up, silencing him.

"No excuses." I put the cup up to my lip, taking a sip of the refreshing lemonade. "You are lucky I got the guy to not press charges. I paid so much money because of it." 

"You-"

"I'm talking." He quickly shuts his mouth. "Let me tell you something, okay? War is happening between my mafia and a fucking gang. A gang that is plotting my downfall apparently. Now that's my top priority but instead I'm here, bailing you out of jail while making sure that guy you fought doesn't press charges. I'm here instead of spending time with my kids before they leave for California. I'm here instead of trying to figure out who is all against me. I'm here instead of your brother." 

"I'm sorry." He whispers, after a while.

"You fucking should be. Now, are you hungry?" He slowly nods. "Good. Me too."

"You made them starve-"

"Because you were pissing me off. Now, we're gonna go get food before going to an underground fight. I haven't fought in a long time." He stared at me. "You do want to fight, don't you?" 

"Yes but-"

"Good. We'll talk more about the mafia later, alright?" He nods. 

Short chapter but I did get to introduce Cassian. Next chapter will be out soon to make up for this short chapter.

Short. Vote. Comment.