49-Going home.

Today was the day we're going home. It was taking a toll on me but I was trying to be brave for the kids. Anna could sense something was wrong but she didn't ask. Killian was on a business trip and would meet us in New York later tonight. 

The siblings found out I wasn't in New York a day after the funeral. Axel explained everything to them, and they let me have some space. Angel calls every day to update me on her pregnancy. She's due any day now and I want to be there for that so that's one of the reasons why we're going home. 

Another reason was I had to meet with my lawyer. I had to figure out what was going to happen with Anna. Plus, I was almost 18 and I wanted to get custody of my kids again and not wait until I'm 18. I already talked to Axel about it and he wants me to live in New York city for at least a few more months until I'm ready to move again but apparently it has to be in the United States. I can still travel and all of that with the kids but not live there. Axel's rules or whatever. 

"Mom!" Adaline shouts from her bedroom. I walked towards it, pushing open the door. 

"Yes my sweet child?" I ask, leaning against her bedroom door. She smiled at me. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Can we go to the beach?"

"Have you finished packing?" She nods. "Packed everything and I mean everything that you need or want?" She nods again, her smile growing. "Let me go see what the others are doing. It's not a promise though. We may not be able to go, Adaline. And if we do go, we aren't going into the water. I'm not trying to deal with the suits being wet and the sand and being wet." 

"Okay." I walked down towards Demitri room, knocking on the door before pushing it open. He was sitting on his bed, looking at his suitcase that was on the floor. He looked up at me. 

"Are you all packed?" He nods, standing up. "Adaline wants to go to the beach before we leave. Are you up for that?" 

"Okay." I nod, walking out of his room and down to Anna's. I knocked and waited for permission to enter. I leaned against the doorway, watching as she went through things, making sure she got everything. 

"Hey." I whispered. She looked at me. "The kids want to go down to the beach to say goodbye. do you want to come?" She shook her head. 

"Okay. We'll be back in a few. I'll have my phone on me." She nods. 

"Okay, I'll see you guys when you get back." I nod, closing the door. I walked downstairs, waiting for the kids. 

--

I woke up to somebody joining me in bed. I looked over at the person, seeing Killian. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"What time is it?" 

"Midnight or so. What time did you and kids arrive?" He whispers, laying down next to me. 

"5ish. We spent some time at the beach before coming home." I whispered, snuggling into him. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "I missed you."

"Yeah?" I nod. 

"I miss the beach too." I pulled back, seeing him roll his eyes. "But I missed you more." 

"I missed you too." He mumbles, giving me a peck on the lips. 

"Ew." Anna says, coming into the room. We looked at her, a small smile on my lips. She climbed up and sat on the other side of me. 

"Can't sleep?" I ask, curiously. 

"Something like that." I sat up, leaning against the headboard along with Killian. Anna looked at Killian, a smirk pulling at her lips. "I'm thirsty."