42- Talking about the past.

"Cassian, I don't think I can do this anymore." I breathed out. 

"I don't either but how are we going to escape? We can't, Maeve. It's too dangerous. He will kill us."

"You think I don't know that? I know he's going to kill us and I can't stop thinking about it." 

"What are you two talking about?" Alec asks, walking over to us.

"Maeve wants to leave." 

"And you don't?" Isabelle says, confused. "He killed my parents, Cassian. I want out of here as much as Maeve does."

"We all want out, Cassian. If you don't, you can stay. Be his machine. Maeve is already starting to be his machine. Who knows how long it takes before she becomes his little toy." 

"No I'm not. I don't want to die." 

"We are all going to die if we don't kill him." Ryder whispered. 

We laid out a plan that night. That next morning we attacked. 

"Cassian and I have known each other since we were about 11 or so." 

"What?" Killian asks, confused. "So you mean to tell me when I introduced you two for the first time you guys already knew each other?" 

"Yeah." I whispered. 

"Please tell me that you guys weren't having..." Axel whispers, trailing off.

"Oh fuck no. No offense Maeve I thought you were really pretty when we were that age but sorry."

"It's alright." Axel and Killian let out a breath of relief. 

"How do you guys know each other then?" Angel asks, confused. 

"After I had Demitri, I was living with Bethany and Joshua. Bethany helped out in any way she could and I was thankful. I started coming home for the night then leaving in the morning and not returning until late at night."

"You said it was because of your job that you got." Damien whispers. 

"Yeah but in reality I went to Bethany and Joshua's to be there with my son and all of that."

"Then one day, you disappeared. You didn't come home. Then after about a week or so, you started coming home but only for a minute or so before you left again." 

"I was on my way home when the driver had to stop for gas. I didn't realize that it wasn't the actual driver that I was used to. I thought it was until we started going out of town and not towards the house. I hardly remember what happened that day but I just know we went to an abandoned warehouse and I met Cassian and the others."

"Nobody was allowed to leave the warehouse. I've been there since I was 8 or so. I was the third person to arrive there while Maeve was the last. Maeve was allowed to leave because she was seeing Malcolm."

"What does Malcolm have to do with any of this?" Julian asks, confused. 

"He was the son of the person who kidnapped me." Everybody tensed up. 

"What?"

"I had my suspicions but I wasn't sure. I didn't confirm them until Alec told me. I didn't break up with him. All Malcolm knew was that his father was a deadbeat. Sure, I stopped seeing him for a couple of months until we worked past it. I never told him about what happened."

"How long were you there for?"

"A month or so." 

"We all had enough. We were trained to kill without hesitation. Maeve already knew how to do that though so she became the best out of all of us. She trained more than any of us. She was the one who wanted out first. Don't get me wrong, we all did but we saw what happened to the people who got out. They were killed instantly."