34- Trouble at the ball.

It's been a couple months since my relapse. I was opening up to the siblings. Killian was staying in my penthouse for the time being. He left every once in a while to go do his missions or whatever.

Adaline and Demitri have been coming over a lot, hanging out with me or the others. They really liked the big mansion. Claimed I was living a fairy dream come true.

I've been hanging out with Anna too. She likes it here. I'm the big sister she never had.

"Maeve?" Someone says, breaking me out of my trance. I looked at Axel who was sitting behind his desk in his office. "Did you need something?"

I sat down, fiddling with my rings. He looked at my hands then back up to my face.

"Whatever you are gonna say, it'll be okay."

The others haven't learned about the mafia thing. I kept putting it off. I couldn't get the guts to tell them. Axel was okay with that. He knew I had trouble with trusting people. I still do. I haven't even trusted the siblings fully yet. I'm slowly getting there though.

"I have a ball." I whispered. "Coming up."

"When is it exactly?"

"Next week." I mumbled, not looking at him. "I have to go considering I'm the person who is hosting it. It's fine if you guys want to come. It's also fine if you don't want to go. I don't really care. I just have to be there."

"Maeve, can you look at me?" I slowly did what he asked. "We'll be there."

"You can't say that." He looked taken aback. "You'll say that, then you won't show up. I've heard it before so I don't want my hopes up."

"I won't lie and say one of us may not be there because it may be true. I'll tell the others to go dress shopping. What event is it?"

"Black tie event. The dresses can be whatever you want, really. Just be advised, a lot of people from different mafia's will be there." He nods, frowning. "They won't harm you. Really, they would harm one of my members or me. Bethany won't be there nor Gwen or Anna. I won't risk it."

"We'll be there, Maeve." I nod, standing up.

"Thanks Axel." I whispered before leaving.

Dress shopping

Me, Vanessa and Angel walked through the store. I was looking at more red or black dresses. Vanessa was looking at whatever dresses picked her eyes. Angel was leaning more towards the blue dresses.

Blake was meeting us here to also dress shop. She came over to me when she walked in. I looked at her and smiled.

"How are you?" I ask, hugging her.

"I'm good. Really good." She says, laughing. I pulled back and looked at her. "I need a favor."

"A big or small favor?"

"Depends." I raised an eyebrow. "I'll let you know when I'll need it, okay?"

"Sounds like a deal." She smiles.

We continued looking at dresses until we picked out which ones we wanted.

Ball

I strapped my heels on, standing up. I looked at myself in the mirror, a small smile went on my face. I grabbed my clutch, opening up my bedroom door. I walked out, my heels clicked on the tiled floor.

I was currently at my penthouse. I didn't want the others to see my dress. Nobody besides myself didn't know what choice I picked for my dress. I liked having the suspense, you know? I thrived off of that.