20- Damien.

A few months later...

"Prêt?" I yell through the house. Footsteps came running down the stairs. (Ready?)

"Prêt maman!" Demitri says, happily. (Ready mom!)

"Où est ta soeur?" I ask in french. He shrugs. Another pair of footsteps came down the stairs and she stood next to Demitri. (Where's your sister?)

"Ici maman." I nod. (Right here mom.)

"Grand-mère nous attendra à l'aéroport." I remind them. (Grandma will meet us at the airport.)

"Combien de temps restons-nous?" Adaline asks, curious.

"Je ne sais pas." I say, frowning. Their smiles grew. I shake my head and laugh. (I don't know.)

"J'ai hâte Adaline!" Demitri says, excitedly. I smile. (I can't wait Adaline.)

"Allons voir grand-mère." I say, grabbing the bags. They grab their little suitcases and walk out the door with the two dogs. (Let's go see grandma.)

May be wondering what's new in my life. Well, I moved to Italy. I'm with my kids every single day. They're happy that they get to see me every single day. I gotta admit, it helped me with my mental state. Sure, some days may be bad but at least I still try. I skype with my therapist every single week. Usually when Adaline is down for a nap and when Demitri is having a down time. That just means he's on the couch watching a movie or something like that.

I turned 17 a few days ago. I didn't celebrate. I didn't want to. I didn't care for it. It was just another day for me.

My mafia is thriving. After the FBI had heat on us, we went underground. Never came up since. Soon though. Just a few more weeks.

We go back to the states every month. To spend time with Bethany and Gwen. They are best buds. We split the time with them.

I'm teaching the kids different languages. French being one of them. I wanted them to have different skill sets. I won't teach them something that they didn't want to learn. If they want to learn something, I will teach them.

Damien's pov (The day after she left)

I looked at the car, frowning. It was one of mine. I wanted to redo it.

"Yo Damien!" Someone says, coming into the garage. I look at them. "People are asking for you. Didn't give me a name though."

"They sketchy lookin'?" I ask, standing up. He shrugs.

"Depends. Get them gone. They're scarring off customers." He mumbles. I walked to the front and saw a couple people by the front desks.

"Need something from me?" I ask, confused. They looked at me.

"You Damien?" The one asks, tilting their head.

"In the flesh. Y'all need something?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"We gotta talk." The other says, looking around. I sigh.

"Follow me." I walk back to my office. I go in and lean against a desk. They came in and stared at me. "You guys need something? A car fixed?"

"You made her leave." The one says, coldly.

"What? Who?" I ask, confused.

"Maeve. You fucking made her leave. She always said she would, but we didn't think she would. We knew she was going to leave when she turned 17 but you fucked it all up." The one other gritted out. I tensed up.

"Maeve left?"

"Because of you. Did you know she put up with your bullshit because she wanted to be around Angel. Every single event that Angel had, she went. Stayed in the shadows but she went. She didn't want you guys in the media presence. Kept you guys a secret because she knew the world was harsh."