28- Drunk.

Damien's pov

I downed another shot. It burned my throat but I didn't care. I looked at the bartender who was already staring at me. He sighs and gives me a glass with some clear liquid shit in it. I started drinking it, thinking it was vodka. I grimaced when it was water.

"What the fuck man?" I grit out. Someone came beside me.

"Thanks Mark. I can handle it from here." The girl says, softly. I looked at my sister, my eyes widening. He nodded and walked over to another customer.

"Drink, Damien. I need you sober before I get my ass chewed." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Now Damien. I'm not asking again." I let out a breath and slowly took another drink of the water.

After a few minutes, I finished it. Maeve sighed and put the glass behind the bar. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"You can't do that." She looked at me with a deadpan expression.

"I can if I own this bar." She looked around then back at me. "Can you walk?" She asks, softly. Why was she being nice? I was a bitch to her. She shouldn't be nice.

"Y-Yeah." I whisper before slowly turning up. Lucian came over to us and held my arm so I was stable.

Maeve's pov

I looked at Damien who was sitting in my passenger seat thinking. I sigh and put my car in park. He slowly got out of the car. I followed suit. He immediately went over to the bushes and puked his guts out. I leaned against my car and looked at the garage.

He came over to me, wiping his mouth with his shirt.

"You are gonna have one hell of a hangover tomorrow." I say, looking at him. He looked at me confused then that turned into anger. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you being so nice to me? Y-You should be angry at me. I-I fucked your life up, Maeve! You should be mad at me!" He yells, making me sigh.

"Damien-"

"No. You should be angry. Why aren't you angry? Why aren't you yelling at me? Why aren't you hitting me? You should be mad at me but you aren't. Why not?" He asks, coldly. I didn't say anything and stared at him. "Come on Maeve! Hit me for god sakes! I fucked up. I know I did but the worst fucking part is that you aren't angry."

The front door opened up. I knew we got an audience. I ran a hand through my hair, still looking at him.

"Maeve, why-why aren't you angry? Why aren't you yelling at me?" He asks, confused. "Why? And do not tell me you aren't angry because I know you are! Do not tell me you're only angry because I hurt Angel. I know I hurt her and I'm so goddamn sorry for that."

"Don't apologize to me, Damien." He ran a hand through his hair.

"I have to. I have to apologize to you and Angel. I-I have to make it right. I have to make it right, Maeve. We-We used to be so close. So fucking close but now, now I don't even know your favorite color. Or Angel's." His eyes widened and his gaze dropped to the ground. "And she's pregnant. I-I said things. Does she hate me? She has to, right? She hates me. My twins hate the absolutely fuck out of me."

"She doesn't hate you, Damien." I say, softly. He looks at me.

"Y-You don't know that."

"She doesn't hate you, Damien. She really fucking doesn't. Yeah, sure, she may hate you for you being a bad brother but she doesn't hate you. If she hated you, then she would've hated me for my mistakes too but she doesn't."

"Why don't you hate me? Why doesn't Angel hate me? I'm a bad brother." He whispers before tears start streaming down his face. I looked at the other siblings who were already looking at me. I raised an eyebrow. They quickly look back at Damien and so do I.