39- Alec.

*Not Edited*

"Maeve, you've gotten skinny." Hazel says, bringing me into a hug. 

"Right?" Vanessa says, crossing her arms. 

"I'm not skinny." Hazel rolls her eyes, pulling back. 

"How's my godson?"

"Currently at his grandparents." That was far from the truth. He's on a plane to California but nobody besides Lucian knows that and Axel. 

"How are you Angel?" She asks, directing her attention to Angel.

"Good as can be. Some days suck but I'm alright." Hazel nods. 

"You'll always have a good or bad day. No matter what." Hazel looks over at Damien.

"I'm good, Hazel. How long are you in town for?" 

"Couple of days. I have a showing tomorrow so I'm mostly here for that but I knew I had to see Maeve and Angel. Not you. You can go die in a ditch somewhere for all I care."

"Still have a bad attitude towards me?" She rolls her eyes, looking back at me. 

"Let me guess, your father is here?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. She scoffs lowly. 

"Once he knew I was coming to see you, he immediately wanted to come. Talking about some new guns or something like that. I'm not sure nor do I care." She looked at the others. "So, who are all of you?"

"Friends." She nods, forcing a smile on her face. 

--

I walked into the house, clenching my jaw. 

"She's a fucking bitch." Angel mumbles, making everybody look at her. "What?"

"Who's a bitch?" Axel asks, confused.

"Hazel." Damien says, rolling his eyes. 

"I thought she was nice." Julian says, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh that's what you think she is until she backstabs you over and over again. Her dad is a very nice man that everyone loves but her? She can die in a ditch." 

"Am I the only confused person here?" Sebastian asks. 

"If Hazel is in town, trouble comes after it. A lot of trouble." Damien whispers. 

"Don't tell her a thing about anything."

"is that why you told her that we were friends?" Atticus asks, confused. I nod. 

"I have to meet her dad in the morning. You guys gonna be alright?"

"I have work." 

"I'm not stopping you. Guards will be with you but out of sight." They nod, all going their separate ways besides Axel. I looked at him. "something wrong?"

"Are you going out?"

"Yeah, I have some things to take care of. I'll try to be back before midnight." 

He sighs, "Be safe? Please?"

"I will. I'll see you later." I whispered before leaving the house again. I get back into my car before taking off.

--

I walked into the bar, making everybody look at me. I made my way over to a booth, sitting down. After a few minutes, the bartender sat down in front of me with two drinks. 

"do I wanna know what I got this special little visit?" I slid an envelope over, making him open it up. "Fuck Maeve. What the fuck do you want?" 

"Need you to get some things for me. That alright?" I took a sip, raising an eyebrow. 

"For this price?"

"You'll get more afterwards." His eyes widened. "You always wanted to have your own bar and fix it up. I heard this bar is on the market." 

"You're pulling a prank."

"I'm not, Alec. This bar is on the market. I know the owners and they agreed to lower the price a bit. It's yours if you want it." 

"What do I have to do?" I grabbed another envelope from my purse, sliding it over to him. He opened it up, looking at everything. 

"I need to know who she's working for and why exactly she's in town." He nods.

"I'll call to let you know how it goes, alright?" I nod, standing up. 

"I'll see you later, Alec. Have a good night." I walked away, a smirk on my lips.

~

May be wondering, 'well didn't I just read that chapter,' yes, but I rewrote it considering I hated how rushed it looked and sounded. 

I'm sorry for ghosting you for a couple of days or weeks. I don't remember what day I wrote the other chapter but I do remember I was sick during it so two weeks ago or something like that.

I will try to publish a chapter before 4th of July but who knows. 

Do you guys want a scene for the races? The horses racing or something like that? Or do you want a real race with cars? I can do both but Hazel will be in the horse race cause that's what she does. Voice your opinions in the comments.

Anyway, have a good day or night! 

Comment. Vote. Share.