8- Bandage.

I look at the table. Not making eye contact with them. I knew they knew things that I didn't want people to know about. It's a flaw for me. It's one of my many flaws that people pick at. Like my eyes. Those are a flaw. I fucking hate them. It's why I wear colored contacts. I'm not even comfortable in my own skin.

"Maeve?" Matt says, softly. I hummed. "Your picking at your wrist."

I looked at my wrist and quickly stopped doing what I was doing. One of the many self harms I do. I do it unconsciously. It's mostly if I'm uncomfortable or I'm thinking about something horrible.

"Where did you cut yourself?" Axel asks, quietly. They were all dancing around the topic about self harm.

"Maeve?" Angel says, softly. I sigh and take my jacket off, revealing the bandage on my forearm. I take off the bandage, revealing the stitches. Vanessa gasps.

"I'm fine." I say, shrugging. "Doesn't even hurt. Did at first considering I poured alcohol on it but now? Now I can't even feel it."

"You put the stitches in yourself?" Sebastian asks, confused.

"Yep." I put the bandage back on it and put my arms under the table. I leaned back in my seat. My work phone buzzes and I take it out. I read the message and put it back in my pocket.

"Important?" Vanessa asks. I look at her.

"No." I say, lying through my teeth. Was important but I wasn't about to tell them that. She nods.

I always hated lying when I was young, but when I grew older, I started to love it. I loved it so much I couldn't stop thinking about lying. One day, I lied so much that I got the worst beating of my life. I won't go into detail about it but it taught me not to lie as much. If I did, that beating would happen again.

"Did you hear what we said?" Atticus asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked at him. He sighs. "Next time, come to one of us when you're thinking about hurting yourself, Maeve."

"Got it." I say, rolling my eyes. That wasn't going to happen any time soon. My dogs came into the dining room and sat on either side of me. My hands found their way on top of their heads. "I'll be in my room. Cleaning it."

I stood up and walked over to the doors. I then remembered something and smirked. I turned around and stared at Damien. He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh I forgot to say this. William is dead. Died from cancer or some shit. His funeral is sometime. His brother is planning it, I guess." I say, shrugging. He tensed up and so did Angel. "I ain't going. He doesn't deserve me to be there."

I turned on my heel and stalked out of the dining room, fighting back tears. I hated talking about William. If I talked about him, that brought flashbacks. I hate flashbacks.

Hope you like the chapter!