18- Feds.

I walked into the dining room considering it was dinner time. Everyone looked at me as I sat down in the chair. I raised an eyebrow.

"You got into a fight?" Atticus asks, looking at my black eye. A smirk formed on my lips.

"I don't know. Did I?" I ask, curious.

"You have a black eye so I'm assuming you did." Sebastian said, sighing.

"Oh right. Forgot to cover that up with makeup." I say, pouting. "Knew I forgot something."

"What?" Axel asks, looking at me. "Who did you fight?"

"A person." Vanessa came in and sat down. She looked at me then at my eye. She didn't say anything and looked at Axel.

We all served our plates and slowly started eating. One of my phone dings and I take it out. I look at it and smirk. I put it back in my pocket.

"Have to go?" Vanessa asks, making me look at her.

"Not yet."

"Who texted you?" Damien asks, curious. A smirk grew on my face and I leaned back in my chair.

"My lawyer." This got everyone's attention. "No, I'm not getting sued. Better yet, I get to leave this godforsaken place when I turn 17."

"What?" Angel asks, with tears building in her eyes. I look at her.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. I mean, I already know where I'm about to go. It's going to be far away from all of you." I say, coldly.

"Why are you acting like this?" Matt asks, confused.

"Acting like what?"

"Your being mean." Julian says, softly. I shrug. I was about to respond when my phone rings. I take it out and look at it. I answer it and put it up to my ear.

"What?" I say, annoyed.

"There's a problem." Lucian's ruff voice came out.

"Go on."

"The feds raided the shipment." I tensed up.

"What?" I say, outraged.

"They raided the fucking shipment." I bit my lip. "What the hell should we do now?" I sigh. "Maeve, what the hell are you thinking? Your gonna-"

"Shut up." I mumble. He sighs. I start rubbing at my temple. "I'll be there in a minute."

"To do what exactly? There isn't a damn thing to fucking do. All we have to do is sit and wait."

"Look, I'll be there in a minute so we can talk this over." I say, smirking.

"I don't like the idea of where that's going to go. I'll see you when you get here, boss." With that, he hangs up. I stood up and raised an eyebrow.

"Have to go?" Damien asks, annoyed.

"No, I was gonna go upstairs and fall asleep." I say, sarcastically. "Yes, I'm leaving. I'll be back later, or not."

This was going to go over real well.

--

"WHAT?" Lucian shouted. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't understand. You want us to stop all activity?" One of the fighters asks, confused.

"No. We won't stop shit. What we're going to do is to go underground. It's going to be like that for a few months until the feds back off." I say, shrugging. "Until then, we will be under the radar like we were the last time."

"What about-"

"We stop that. Look, we did this before when the feds got heat on us."

"Last time we picked up and moved." Lucian says, coldly.

"I get that. Look, we won't leave this place. This is headquarters. This and fucking Cali."

"Don't forget Italy."

"Exactly. When I turn 17, yes, I'm leaving. I don't know where I'm going yet. Probably to Cali first then Italy. All I'm saying is, this time we won't fucking move. We're fine right where we are. All we have to do, is wait and fucking see." They look at each other then back at me. "Just, stay quiet for a little then go back to normal activity. Yes, you can fight and race but no killing. Not unless it's under my fucking control. If you don't fucking like it, leave. I don't care what the fuck you do but do not fucking kill. We don't need more heat from the feds."

"Because they're boxing us in?" Another person asks, confused.

"No. They want to think they're boxing us in, but it's the opposite. We're boxing them in. Look, in the next few months, things will change. For the better, or for the worse. Whichever one comes first." Everybody smirks or smiles.

I had big, big plans for the next few months. Starting with those goddamn FBI agents.