38- Milkshakes.

Cassian entered the ring, making everybody cheer. I put the cup up to my lips, watching as he flexed his muscles to the crowd making them roar with cheers. 

"You seriously let him fight tonight?" Killian asks, sitting down next to me. I shrug.

"He wanted to. Besides, I was going to come here anyway. I have a fight after this." He nods, a frown on his face. I caught my manager's eyes, waving me over. "Hey, I have to go speak to my manager real quick. I'll be back before my fight or not."

"Good luck, Maeve." I nod, getting off the stool I was sitting on. I walked over to where he was, crossing my arms.

"What's up, Luke." He rolled his eyes. 

"Don't. Don't kiss up to me, Maeve." I sigh. "I'm saying this one time and one time only, are you on anything?"

"No."

"Maeve."

"No, I'm not on anything. I promise. I didn't drink any alcohol today. I'm clean."

"For how many months?" 

"A couple weeks." He stared at me. 

"Are you fucking serious?" 

"I'm clean from those pills since the last fight. I've been clean from drugs since a couple weeks ago. I haven't had a sip of alcohol today. Drug test me or whatever." 

"I'll take your word for it. But if I find out that you aren't clean, I'm going to have your head."

"Deal." 

"No, not a deal. It's my fucking word." I rolled my eyes. "Look Maeve, you are going to have to win tonight. You haven't been fighting since your last fight and everybody that is here tonight is placing bets on you."

"Half and half, right?" He nods. "Who am I up against?" He scanned the crowd, before stopping on somebody. I looked at who he was looking at, tensing up. "Her?" 

"Have a problem with it?" 

"No." 

"Go get changed." I nod, walking into the locker room. I pulled my sweatshirt off, showing off my sports bra.

"Maeve?" I looked at the door, seeing Angel. I furrowed my eyebrows. She stepped in, closing the door. 

"What are you doing here, Angel?" 

"Damien and the others are out there. I followed you in here." She says, softly. I nod, a frown settling on my features. "Are you going to fight?"

"I haven't in a while. It helps with not falling back into old habits." I sat down on the bench, grabbing the wraps.

"Who's your opponent?"

"A person who took my spot over the last year." She furrowed her eyebrows. "I haven't been fighting since a year ago. The person I'm about to fight took my spot. About to get it back from her." 

"Oh." Her voice was high. 

"I'll be alright, Angel. The worst I could get is a concussion or broken bones. Besides, I'm the best in the underground. Everybody here knows this."

"But-"

"I'll be alright. If I'm not, you can yell at me all you want." 

"Okay." She whispers.

Killian

Angel came back over to us, sitting down next to Damien. His hand instinctively went around her, trying to protect her from the stares of perverts.