13- Basketball.

I breathe in the toxins and look out at the sunset. A car pulled in and I rolled my eyes. I was about to get into lots of trouble but whatever. I took another breath of my cigarette and slowly blew it back out into the air.

The person got out of their car and walked inside the house. I sigh and lean backwards. I may fall. I may not fall. Depends on how much balance I have.

My phone dings, making me look at it. I put it back in my pocket. I took another puff of my cigarette and put it out. I blew the smoke out of my mouth. My phone starts ringing, making me pull it out. I answered it and put it up to my ear.

"Yeah?" I ask, confused.

"Hi mommy." A huge smile broke out on my face.

"Hey baby. How are you?" I ask, softly.

"Amazing. We went out to the park." Demitri says, excitedly. I giggle.

"Yeah?"

"The dogs ran so fast, mom." Adaline says. I closed my eyes.

"I bet they loved it." The line went quiet. I look at the sky. "The stars are out."

"Really?" Demitri got into the stars when he was around 2 or so. So much that I soon got into them.

"Yeah."

"They're so pretty, mom." Adaline says, excitedly.

"I miss you guys." I say, quietly.

"We miss you too."

"We have to go, mom. Dinner."

"I love you."

"Love you too!"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I sigh and put my phone in my pocket. The front door of the house opened and slammed shut. I rolled my eyes.

"MAEVE! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" Axel yelled, looking at me. I looked at him. "NOW MAEVE!"

"Bossy much?" I mumble, standing up. I looked around. "Uh oh."

"MAEVE! NOW!" I look at him.

"HOLD ON!" I yell at him. He ran a hand through his hair. I went over to where I climbed up on and slowly turned around. I climbed downwards and walked over to where he was standing. "Need something or are you just ruining my night?"

"Maeve, you know how dangerous that could've been if you fucking fell?" He asks, coldly. I shrug.

"Eh. Could care less. I'll be inside after you're done throwing your tantrum." I turned on my heel but he grabbed my arm. "Um, excuse you."

"Maeve, do you know how fucking dangerous that fucking was?" I sighed and looked at him.

"Yes, I do. That what you want to hear? Yes, I know how goddamn dangerous it was. You want me to say I'll never do it again? That'll be a lie." I say, shrugging. "I was fine until you came out and yelled at me. You could've made me fall. It'll be your fault, Axel." His eyes widened and I smirked.

"Maeve-"

"Look dude, I don't care what your rules are. Never really did care for the rules. Anyway as I was saying, I don't care. I'm only here until I'm 18. If I'm lucky, I may be able to leave this godforsaken town on my 17th birthday." I say, smirking. He narrowed his eyes.

"You're not able to do that."

"You can if you know a powerful lawyer. Then, you will never see me again. I'll be like, dead or whatever when you hear from me again." I say, shrugging. His grip loosened and I stepped back. "I'll be inside now. Next time, don't touch me unless you want your goddamn bones broken."