Love Is Not Jealous (Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Hello, and welcome to my second oneshot book! I wanted to let you all know that this part contains a non-consensual kiss, in case that happens to trigger bad things for you. Happy reading!

The weeks following the coup were a whirlwind, to say the least. With Eren's new hardening ability, the mission to retake Wall Maria was suddenly a go, and the Scout Regiment was flooded with transfers from the Garrison and the MP's. Now that victory was actually plausible, it seemed everyone was excited to be part of such an important mission. However, the influx of new recruits required extra reorganization and training efforts, and all the veterans had to do their part.

Since your squad was currently one member short, one of the Garrison transfers was assigned to fill the vacancy, and you were tasked with quickly bringing your new subordinate up to speed. However, you didn't mind so much. The new member, Mal, was polite, agreeable, and attentive. On top of that, the two of you seemed to click on a personal level, and that certainly made the extra time you spent with him more enjoyable.

The one drawback to this new arrangement was that your already-limited time with your boyfriend was reduced even further. You used to be able to work around Levi's hefty schedule of training, strategy meetings, and monitoring Eren. However, your tasks were now too time-consuming to provide much flexibility.

Still, you tried your best, though it didn't amount to much. A brief cup of tea or a few stolen minutes after dinner was usually the most you could manage. Since Levi was kept awake at night by his insomnia, you often tried to stay up with him, but he would insist that you get your rest. Yet, that didn't stop you from crawling into his bed instead of your own, wanting to be with him even if you were asleep for it.

------------------------------------------

Levi sat in his usual spot in the mess hall, gradually working his way through the predictable meal of soup and bread. Tonight, it tasted little more than passable, but he didn't care much. In his mind, food was fuel, so as long as it was edible, he wasn't going to be picky. Besides, he was more focused on the sight of his girlfriend, who was sitting at a table across the room.

Normally, (f/n) would be eating dinner next to Levi. However, since she had so little time to train her new squad member before the mission to retake Shiganshina, she'd been spending her mealtimes reviewing battle formations with him. Levi didn't blame her for it, though he had missed her calm, steady presence at his side during the past few weeks. At least she was still within his view, and he could internally marvel at how gorgeous she looked while she was concentrating on the map between her and Mal. Something about her furrowed brow and slight frown was just so...so...

"Hey there, Levi!"

He blinked, then reluctantly dragged his eyes away from (f/n) to face the man who'd just taken the seat to his right. Klaus was one of the regiment's section commanders, but although he and Levi were often in the same room for strategy meetings and such, Levi didn't know him well on a personal level. It wasn't that the captain specifically didn't want to – he just wasn't very social by nature. Yet, on occasion, Klaus or one of the other officers would strike up a conversation, apparently trying to get to know him better. Or make him feel included. Or something.

"Evening, Klaus," Levi acknowledged.

"So, missing your girlfriend, are you?" the section commander observed before taking a swig from his mug.

Levi gave a soft "tch" under his breath, but otherwise didn't respond. He was a private person under any circumstance, and that was especially true when it came to his relationship with (f/n). He didn't particularly enjoy discussing it with just anyone.