The Other Woman (Boyfriend Levi x Girlfriend Reader)

Author's Note: Hello, lovelies! Please be advised, this story contains spoilers for the end of the manga.

I would also like to note that the name I used in this story, Signe ("Sig-" rhymes with "big", "-ne" rhymes with "key"), is a viking name meaning "victorious one". I tried very hard to find an uncommon name that none of my readers were likely to share, so if that's your name, I'm sorry I failed. Congrats on having a cool name.

"Levi...sweetheart, listen. After I'm gone, if...if you find someone who makes you happy, who treats you well and loves you...I want you to know...it's okay."

"What are you saying? I couldn't...I could never love anyone else! I...all my life, it's only ever been you. Just you. So please...I love you. I'll always love you."

"I know, sweetheart. I know...you do."

"Please...please don't go. Don't leave me."

"Levi...I...I love...you..."

------------------------------------------

You'd once read a theory that at any given moment, there were seven people on the planet who could be your soulmate. Yet, considering your apparent inability to find even one soulmate long after all your friends had gotten married, you'd gone through life quite skeptical of that idea. And after the Rumbling had destroyed almost everything and everyone, you'd figured any soulmates you might've had somewhere out there were probably dead now. As were your hopes of finding a fairytale ending.

However, all that suddenly changed on the day you'd decided to stop by the new tea shop on your street for its grand opening. There, amid the bustle of people excited to try something different, you'd stepped up to the counter to place your order. And you'd met the owner – Levi Ackerman.

To be honest, you'd been intimidated when you first saw him – and not just by the scars that cut across his face or his lifeless right eye. His gaze was so sharp, piercing, as if he could see right through you. Also, despite the fact that he was perfectly polite to you, and despite the fact that he seemed to be dependent on his wheelchair, some underlying aura told you anyone who got on his bad side would regret it. Finally, his reputation from the war had reached your ears – just as it had everyone else's – and you were a bit awed to speak to someone hailed as strongest man alive, though he did look considerably more petite than what you'd pictured in your head.

Intimidating or not, he'd made the best tea you'd ever tasted, so you'd returned to his shop every morning afterward. By way of your routine interactions, you'd gradually gotten to know each other – until one day, you suddenly realized you no longer found him intimidating at all. In fact, you thought of him as a good friend...and maybe something more.

Eventually, you'd discovered Levi felt the same, and you two had started dating. About eight months had passed since then, and you truly could not have been happier. Despite coming from such different backgrounds, you and Levi seemed to be the perfect fit for one another. And although you really hadn't known him that long, you'd already begun secretly imagining what it would be like to be called "Mrs. Ackerman".

Now, that thought once again crossed your mind as you walked the familiar path from your home to Levi's shop – and you had to catch yourself before you started smiling like an idiot in public. Instead, you wondered whether Levi would have time to chat with you for a bit while you were drinking your tea. Given that you had the day off, you were in no rush to get to work, and it would be nice to spend some extra time with your boyfriend.

"Good morning, Connie," you chimed as you stepped up to the counter. Internally, you wondered why he was working today, since he usually only helped out on the busiest days of the year, or if Levi needed time off to take you on a date. But at the moment, the shop was almost empty, and Levi obviously wasn't with you.