Frustration (Levi x Succubus Reader)

Author's Note: Hello, lovelies! I imagine you can infer that a succubus story will include talk of sex, but just in case, I am giving you the heads-up, so I can say I did my due diligence. As usual, there is no actual smut. Enjoy!

If anyone looked up the word "misfit" in the dictionary, they'd see a picture of your face right next to it.

You were asexual – which wouldn't have been so outlandish if you weren't also a succubus – a demon that drew power from feeding on sexual energy. The higher-ups in Hell had tried for decades to get you to sleep with humans before ultimately banishing you to live with the mortals on Earth. However, they allowed you to keep your succubus powers, which ended up being more of an annoyance than a boon. Unintentionally on your part, you attracted humans who were uncommitted and sexually frustrated, and you'd had to deal with more than a few creepers in your time.

After getting your bearings on Earth – or at least, on the tiny island of Paradis you'd been dumped on – you joined the Scout Regiment, figuring you should use your demonic strength to protect your new home. You told your close comrades the truth, because knowing what you were sometimes helped them avoid accidentally becoming obsessed with you. Yet, there had still been a handful of times when one of them had gotten drunk, and you'd had to gently pry them off you before excusing yourself from the room.

Thankfully, one of your other demonic powers was the ability to scent human emotions and hormones, so you could always tell when someone was growing lustful and act accordingly. Still, it hurt to think you'd never truly be able to relax around your friends, knowing you could inadvertently cause them to do something they'd feel embarrassed or awkward about later. Or – hellfire forbid – you could accidently make them think they were in love with you, which usually ruined the friendship completely.

It wasn't real love, of course. Real love couldn't be manufactured. It was merely intense attraction – a product of hormones and the basic human instinct to procreate. However, humans, especially young and inexperienced ones, often confused the two. So technically, their broken hearts weren't entirely your fault, but you still felt guilty.

You spent a lot of your time with Levi, mostly because he was one of the few who didn't experience lust for you at first glance – or ever, really. You suspected he was also asexual, or something akin to it, especially after he told you about certain traumas he'd experienced at a young age related to his mother's occupation as a prostitute. Yet, you never asked him to clarify, and he never brought it up. Although, you did know he'd never been involved romantically during his thirty-ish years of life.

Because you could scent emotions, you could always tell when Levi felt stressed or exhausted or upset – which was most of the time, unfortunately. He'd deny such things in front of anyone else, but after realizing he couldn't hide it from you anyway, he no longer bothered when you two were alone. Eventually, he even accepted your offers to use your powers on him – to help him relax or fall into a dreamless sleep. But of course, you were careful never to make him feel desire.

Yet, you did notice that Levi experienced a little organic sexual frustration here and there. Out of respect for your friend's privacy, you never alluded to it, figuring he'd be incredibly embarrassed. Besides, you thought it was normal, considering he was a thirty-something-year-old virgin. Anyone in his shoes would feel the same way on occasion, even if they didn't want to act on it.

However, recently, you'd noticed his sexual frustration was growing more frequent and more intense. You made excuses to give him privacy when you thought he needed it – a report you forgot to deliver to Erwin, a promise to assist Hanji with her latest experiment. At first, you'd thought perhaps it was simply a phase, a season of heightened desire that would ebb with time. But eventually, you'd realized his frustration wasn't fading – on the contrary, it was growing stronger.