Kiss It Better (Levi x Injured Reader)

You hit the ground so hard that you rolled. Gear clanking. Breath whooshing from your lungs. Tiny rocks tearing through your uniform and scraping your skin.

Then you stopped. Limbs and gear tangled in an unceremonious heap, cheek pressed against the cold earth. You were too shocked to move, your brain not yet having caught up to your body. You could only lie there, dazed, wide-eyed, your heart pounding inside your ribcage.

Someone screamed your name, and the sound brought you back to reality. You were alive. You were alive, and...oh, everything hurt. Pain reverberated through your entire body, not even sparing a centimeter from its throbbing ache. The worst was in your right hand, which had been smashed beneath your torso.

Well...at least you'd killed the titan.

"Hey!" Levi barked as he rushed toward you, dropping to his knees at your side. "Are you alright?" His hands gently settled on your head, your face, his wide eyes staring into yours to check if you were coherent.

"Yeah..." you grumbled, trying to remember how to form words. "M'alright..."

You started to sit up, but Levi held you down. "Easy, easy," he murmured. "Don't move yet."

His fingers shifted to prod along your spine, and your dizzy brain took a moment to realize he was checking for a break. Whenever it could be safely done, military procedure dictated such an evaluation after a fall, since it was possible that a person wouldn't feel an injury to their neck or back right away. But if they were critically injured and tried to move without a brace, that could make the problem exponentially worse.

"Your spine's okay," Levi informed you, and his fingers moved on to your shoulders, your arms – checking the bones there as well. "Does anything else feel broken?"

"I...don't know," you muttered, your brow furrowing as you internally assessed the pain in your hand. Sure, it wasn't a pleasant sensation, but it was a far cry from agonizing. So maybe...

"What hurts?" Levi asked, reading your uncertainty.

"My right hand."

He looked down to where it was still pinned beneath your torso. "Alright," he muttered as he carefully slid one hand beneath your head, his other arm wrapping supportively around your waist. "Up you go."

He lifted and adjusted you into a sitting position, letting you lean against his chest while he examined your hand. "Here?" he asked as his thumb gently brushed over the metacarpal bone beneath your pinkie – the area already starting to swell.

"Y-yeah," you hissed, gritting your teeth against the pain.

Levi frowned. "It might be broken, but it doesn't feel like the bone's been displaced. Should just need a splint. Don't move it, okay?"

You nodded obediently while he laid your hand in your lap.

With that taken care of, his fingers moved on to your hips, your femurs, your knees. "Anything else feel bad?"

"No. Just sore," you informed him.

"And your head?"

"I have a bit of a headache, but it's okay."

Levi sighed in relief, momentarily closing his eyes. When they opened again, they narrowed on yours. "Idiot," he hissed. "Didn't anyone ever tell you to watch where you're shooting your cables? That titan nearly took you down with it."

You smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Levi."

"Captain! Are you two alright?"

"We're fine!" Levi called over his shoulder. "Her hand's hurt, so I'm taking her to get it treated! You all stand guard here, and stay alert!"