Hunger (Incubus Levi x Reader)

Author's Note: Hello, lovelies! This one was inspired by some other Incubus Levi fics I happened upon recently. Honestly, I was debating whether I should post this particular story – because WOW, I think this is the most adult content I've ever written. Still no actual smut, but there is dirty talk, as well as other topics inherent to incubi. (If you don't know what incubi are, please look it up, so you know what you're getting into.) I'm just going to tell myself that everyone reading this is an adult, and if you're not, please don't burst my bubble. Stay pure, children.

Before Levi's mother had died, she'd told Levi his father was an incubus – and that he'd become one, too. He'd been too young at the time to understand what her words meant, and years later, when he'd heard the legends of such creatures whispered around trash fires, he'd been convinced they were only stories. But when he'd hit puberty, in addition to all the normal, human changes, he'd grown horns that curved around his head, batlike wings, and a pointed tail – and he'd realized the things his mother had told him were true.

Besides, how else could he have explained his ability to smell arousal, or the way he hungered for sexual energy like humans hungered for food? How else could he have explained the way such energy gave him life whenever he was in close proximity to it? It certainly wasn't because he was interested in such things; in actuality, the thought of having sex with anyone made him sick after what his mother had gone through. Thus, the fact he basically needed to consume sex to survive was quite a predicament.

To him, it was just one more cruel joke created by the hell called life. His father could've been any kind of demon – one that fed on nightmares or the blood of virgins. But no. An effing sex demon. Levi swore someone downstairs was laughing about it at any given moment.

For his entire life, he'd survived merely by visiting places where sexual energy was thick in the air – a bar, a nightclub – but never a brothel; he still couldn't bear it. He'd order a drink and sit for several hours, absorbing the arousal around him. But it was never enough – only a nibble compared to the banquet he could enjoy if he actually engaged with someone. However, as hungry as he was, humans were still too dirty, too smelly, and he'd never be able to use a person as an object like that, anyway.

So he'd gotten by, for years and years and years. Concealing his demonic attributes from mortal eyes. Pretending to be human.

Then he'd joined the Scouts, where he met (f/n). They'd been dating for two years now, and while they were very close, they hadn't been intimate. Levi was hesitant to take that step, because although his girlfriend was clean and fragrant and pleasing to his senses in every conceivable way, he still didn't want to use her for food. Especially not her. Because he loved her, and he regarded her as so much more than a simple object to satisfy his desires.

Yet, years of improper feeding were starting to catch up with him. He'd sensed his strength decreasing for a while now – not enough for anyone to notice, since he was still much stronger than the humans. But over the past few weeks, the decline had been sharper. He'd been losing focus. Losing speed. His cuts hadn't been as precise. His punches hadn't been as powerful.

"Shit," he hissed as he fumbled the blade he'd been trying to reposition into his signature backwards grip, his fingers trembling in place of their usual steadiness.

The metal clattered loudly on the ground, causing everyone in the training area to glance curiously in his direction. He could feel their eyes on him – some wide with surprise, others drawn with concern. If anyone else had dropped a blade, they wouldn't have been so nonplussed. But because it was Humanity's Strongest, who always executed everything perfectly...