Fitting Together (Boyfriend Levi x Girlfriend Reader)

Author's Note: Hello, lovelies! I pictured this one as an insert to "Fitting In", but you don't have to read the previous story in order to understand it. However, as a shameless plug for myself, I hope you do read them both. Enjoy!

"So...what's up? It seems like something's bothering you," you observed as you sat across from Levi inside the café that had become your usual meeting place. It made the most sense, given that it was halfway between Ehrmich – where you worked at the university as a research assistant – and the Scouts' HQ.

Your boyfriend sighed, sounding slightly irritated as he set his teacup on the table. "Sorry. It's just...Erwin ordered me to take off next weekend, go somewhere away from HQ. He said he wants me to de-stress, or whatever. I told him he was being ridiculous, but he insisted."

"Oh," you murmured thoughtfully. "Well, you're welcome to stay with me, if you don't have other plans."

You knew he didn't – which was a huge part of why you were offering. Levi had no family, and thus, no home outside of the barracks. If he didn't stay with you, he'd just end up renting a hotel room somewhere, which he wouldn't enjoy and would regard as a waste of money. On top of that, you rather liked the idea of having your boyfriend visit for an entire weekend.

Levi's expression softened. "You sure you don't mind?"

"Of course not," you assured him with a warm smile. "I'd be happy to spend some extra time with you."

He sighed, and that's when you saw it – the slight quirk of his lips. Anyone else would've missed it, would've thought he was as stoic as ever, but you knew better. Your boyfriend was smiling, as much as he ever would in public. "Well...I guess taking a weekend off wouldn't be so bad, in that case. I'll find a hotel near your apartment, and –"

"Don't be silly," you interrupted kindly. "You don't need to pay for a hotel. The ones in Sina are ridiculously expensive, anyway. You can stay with me."

Levi balked, his eyes going wide. "I-I..." he stuttered. Then he seemed to recall where he was, and he cleared his throat, trying to regain his composure. "Are you sure that's...appropriate? I mean...I don't want to make you uncomfortable, having a guy stay in your apartment..."

You couldn't help but giggle. "You're sweet, darling. But it's not like you're some random guy off the street. You're my boyfriend, and we've been together for a long time. I know you're trustworthy. It's no problem for you to stay with me."

"I...are you sure?" he questioned tentatively.

"Positive," you confirmed with a smile.

He took a breath. "Okay. Thank you. And...I promise I won't...d-do anything."

You giggled again. "I appreciate it, but you don't need to tell me that. I already know you're the most respectful guy ever. In fact..." Your grin turned wicked. "...you should be more worried about me doing something to you."

Levi's eyes went wide, and a blush bloomed across his pale cheeks. Then he quickly averted his gaze, looking anywhere but at you. "I...I don't...t-that is...if you w-wanted to..."

"Easy, darling," you murmured, chuckling. "I was only teasing. I won't do anything to you, either." For emphasis, you playfully nudged him with your foot under the table.

Your boyfriend swallowed, clearly trying to regain his composure, before dragging his gaze back to you. "Well...I guess it's settled, then. Is it alright if I get to your place around nineteen – sorry, I mean seven in the evening – on Friday?"

"That's perfect," you chimed.

------------------------------------------

After leaving his horse at the military stables in Ehrmich, Levi made his way through the city to (f/n)'s address. He'd never been there before, but his girlfriend had given him good directions, and the city was easy enough to navigate. He arrived on her street five minutes before seven o'clock.