Unspoken Fears (Scared Levi x Reader)

Author's note: Hello, lovelies! Just wanted to let you know this oneshot discusses rape. It doesn't happen to anyone; it's just talked about. However, if that makes you uncomfortable, please feel free to skip this part. :)

Levi bolted upright. A cold sweat clung to his pale skin, leaving it clammy, and his petite frame trembled. His chest heaved as his eyes frantically searched the darkness, trying to figure out where he was, because he had been too far gone to remember.

To you, it was obvious that he'd had a nightmare. You had already been awake for several minutes, watching him worriedly, listening to his repeated cries of "Stop!" and "No!". Afraid of making things worse, you'd refrained from touching him. However, your loving coos and murmurs had unfortunately done nothing to ease his distress.

"Levi, shh, shh," you crooned, leaning in front of him so he could see your face. "It's alright, my love. We're at home, safe in our bed. It's okay."

You watched as his wide eyes flicked to yours, taking longer than normal to focus. Yet, with time, they did. "(F/n)?" he panted.

"That's right," you assured him tenderly. "I'm here. I'm with you."

He blinked rapidly, then shook his head. "Shit," he hissed, running a hand through his hair and squeezing his eyes shut.

"What's wrong, love?" you murmured, the sight of his distress causing a physical pain in your chest. "Talk to me."

He hissed again under his breath before turning away from you. "It's nothing," he uttered flatly, even as his body still trembled. "Sorry I woke you."

Your brow furrowed, both in concern and confusion. Levi had become quite open with you over the years, so it was odd for him to try to brush this off now. Even if he didn't want to talk about something, he never denied that it bothered him. He simply tucked himself into you, and you held him, interpreting from his actions that he needed to stay silent.

Levi moved to slip out of bed, clearly intending to go off on his own. However, you weren't about to let that happen. Whatever this was, it wasn't something he should face alone.

You reached out and caught his wrist, stopping him just before his feet hit the floor. Of course, Humanity's Strongest could have easily pulled away if he wanted, but he didn't – he never did. With you, there was no desire to fight, no desire to get rough or use force, even if it were only a minimal amount. He loved you too much for that.

Beneath your gentle grip, you could feel him shaking, could feel the cold sweat still plastered to his skin, and your heart wrenched. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it," you murmured. "But you don't have to bear this all on your own, Levi. Let me help. Please."

Levi paused for a moment, debating. But then he gave you a small, shaky nod, still without meeting your eyes. Yet, that was all you needed to pull him in, and he let you. Moreover, he instinctively pressed himself into your warm body, craving the safety and groundedness there.

In an attempt to ease his shaking, you grabbed the blankets and wrapped them around you both as best you could. For several minutes, you held him silently in the darkness of your bedroom, heart aching as you felt the clamminess of his skin, as you listened to the labor of his breaths. But gradually, his distress began to ease – his body recognizing your arms as a safe and loving place.

Finally, he whispered, "I had a nightmare."

Levi typically wasn't one to state the obvious and leave it at that, so you figured he must have more to say. You continued to hold him while you waited quietly, giving him space to talk. However, several minutes passed before he spoke again.