3 - Tesoro

I stepped outside on the terrace, wearing my grey sweatpants and white sneakers

I stepped outside on the terrace, wearing my grey sweatpants and white sneakers. The sun was boiling the air to the point of barely tolerable. I put my black rim sunglasses in and put in my AirPods. I scrolled through my playlist before I picked out a song as I walked toward the basketball court.

It was just on the corner of the property and was closed for safety. I opened the gate and walked inside. I set my phone on one of the small benches and walked to the corner of the court to grab a basketball. The heat made my back sweat without even exercising.

I grabbed the ball out of the many there and bounced it all the way to the three-point section. I threw the ball, making the first shot. I ran around, letting myself enjoy my time for once.

Over the month, basketball has been my escape. My escape from the hell I've gone through and still suffer through every day. I've always liked exercising but never thought I would push myself to the point of numbness in order to forget her for at least a minute.

How did I get so cursed to not be able to go one second without thinking about her? Or even feeling her around me. It's like I knew she was around me at any given moment.

I made another shot and squatted down to the floor to catch a breath. Just as I did that my mind went into another reality. And man was that killing me inside and out.

"Liam!" I turned around to find her holding a basketball in her hand before she threw it toward me.

"My love, you need fewer clothes than that. You're going to burn." She smiled before walking over to me and wrapping her hands around the back of my neck.

"Well, I feel fine. Besides, your back needs sunscreen. You might burn your flesh off." I chuckled as she walked over to the bench by the gate and grabbed a small white bottle of cream. She opened the lid and squirted some of the white liquid onto her palm. "Turn around." She demanded and I did as she wished. As much as fighting with her was always on my to-do list in order to get her cute threats out of her, I gave in to her dominance outside of the bedroom every day. I couldn't help it.

I felt the cold cream on my back, which made my back muscles flinch as I got used to it. "It feels nice," I admitted. Her hands travelled all over my lower back before it moved upwards. "Have you applied it?"

"Yup. I'm careful, unlike some people," I smiled as I looked down. She pushed my bicep to the side, making me turn around and face her. I smiled as she spread the cream all over my chest. I watched her face closely and almost got lost in her green eyes. "Why are you staring at me like that?" I placed my hand on the side of her face, bringing her it slightly upwards.

"Because there's nothing on this planet that I would rather look at." Her warm smile made the butterflies appear in my stomach.

"You're too cute for your own good, tesoro." I fought the urge to roll my eyes from her comment but resisted and instead leaned down to press my lips to hers. She kissed me back softly, slowly cherishing the moment.