29 - One week

One week after the night

I opened my eyes from the calmest and most quiet slumber ever. I had to squint my eyes as the light from the window on my side irritated my eyes. I granted as the pain began to settle in my chest.

I turned my head from side to side, wondering where the hell was I. The room was simple. There was no fancy decor that I was quite used to, but it looked modern. The colours were mostly white and the lightest shade of grey.

I tried to move upwards but the scorching pain in my chest was keeping me down.

"Fuck," I grunted as I gave up and brought my hand to my face. Just as I pinched the bridge of my nose, I noticed an IV. I frowned as I inspected it with my eyes.

Am I in a damn hospital?

The door opening caught my attention and once I saw him walk out, I was about to run. Despite the pain holding me back.

He smiled at me as he fixed his white dress shirt and rolled up his sleeves to his elbows. He wore black pants to accompany the look and his dark hair had been touched up with hair gel.

"What the actual fuck?" I managed to utter. He looked toward the window to my side as he unbuttoned the very top button of his shirt.

"I think you should be thanking me. And some other people," I frowned as I tried to rethink what he'd been talking about.

"What other people, Tyler?" His eyes travelled onto me.

"You're alive. That's all that matters," he walked over to my side of the bed and checked the IV connected to me. I jerked my hand away from him.

"Get the fuck away from me," he chuckled before grabbing my hand hard, making me wince from the pain. He didn't care. He was just a damn traitor. Nothing else.

All those years spent on my balcony sipping wine and talking were nothing. It all meant nothing. He never had good intentions. Al least not after Liam came into the picture.

Oh Lucifer, Liam.

My eyes widened before I looked up at him. "Liam," he frowned. "Where is he?" He sighed as if he was disappointed in me.

"Who gives a shit? If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be in this mess. And you'd be alive to your family."

I frowned as I took in his words.

"You should be glad you didn't go in a damn coma over this. Imagine the memory loss you'd have to get back." He chuckled before walking away from me and sitting down on the edge of the bed. "You're helpless, Cel. Now, you're under Vlad's watch. And whether you like it or not, you'll stay like that."

"Until what? Until I die?" Tyler turned his body sideways in order to look at me.

"Until you'll give him what he wants."