37 - Two months

Two months since the night

The view from the Eiffel Tower is certainly something extraordinary. I liked the wind that flew by, ruffling my hair and chilling my skin. Other than the wind, the day was nothing but nice.

It was strange to enjoy myself, knowing I was dead to the world. Nobody seemed to recognise me and it was hard to do when my mouth was covered in a baby blue light scarf which I had wrapped around my neck and tugged upwards to hide some of my features.

I wore a hat, which looked similar to a beach hat, to hide from the UV rays the sun emitted and to hide some of my hair. I wore a white dress with small light blue flowers. The dress flowed in directions once the wind ran through it but it made me feel happy for some reason.

And for shoes, I wore simple flats. I did look like a complete tourist but all I wanted to get from this was to enjoy the freedom.

People passed me on the street. I walked through the gardens towards the museum de Louvre, enjoying the fresh air and shining sun.

Once I reached the museum, my body stilled. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My initial instinct was to run as fast as I could from here but something couldn't let me.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. My heart shattered into a million pieces once I saw my love.

My other half.

But with another girl. Hand in hand they walked past the museum as they shared some funny topics of conversation and laughed with each other.

And I thought I was dreaming, I thought something was actually wrong here but he looked back. He looked back as if he felt something there. As if he felt my presence. His eyes locked with mine from a distance and he stopped in his tracks.

I guess he tried to understand if he was seeing things correctly. But he couldn't notice me. Unless he knew every inch of my body.

Which he certainly did.

I took a step back, wanting to go and cry in peace, and something in me hoped that he'd go after me. He'd tell me he loved me and would kiss me with every ounce of love he had for me.

But instead, he shook his head and as he turned back to the girl on his side, which to my surprise looked nothing like me, and kissed her. With what looked like every ounce of love he had for her.

Once had for me.

My eyes shot open as I sat up and looked around the place.

Out of all of the things I could've dreamt of, like Elijah's organs or organ-less body, I had to dream of Liam with another girl.

A few weeks ago, I called. I called his number just so I could hear his voice against my ear. Once he started speaking, I couldn't help but sob. And I think he might have heard it.