19 - Broken promise

I helped Margo get off the floor before we made our way back inside

I helped Margo get off the floor before we made our way back inside. I was surprised to see both Alex and Egon here. Margo stayed in the living room with Laura as the guys and I went out on the balcony from the living room. We all sat down on the couch and stared ahead of us as we sat in silence.

"What happened?" Alex asked, breaking off the peace.

"I found a note with her handwriting and thought I was dreaming when it was in fact real. And it was one of the first times in a week or so that I haven't blown up this much so it touched me in all the wrong ways," I admitted.

"So you smashed a twenty grand vase?" Egon asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Like I don't have the money to pay it back," I said back before silence took over again. "I don't want to go to that fucking ball."

"They won't be there." They.

"You mean Luca or his minions?"

"I mean your father or his father on top of that," I chuckled.

"You should enjoy time with them while you still can because after I'm back, they won't reach the mids of September."

"Calm down," Alex warned me. I took a deep breath in to fulfil his request but it wasn't helping.

"I don't want to talk about them. Luca isn't in London and I still have Rico out somewhere."

"And Silas for that matter," Alex reminded me. I nodded as I thought of how I would solve everything.

"Silas will be dead one day or the other. My main question is how the hell will we get to Rico because if he decides to switch sides, he's going to ruin everything."

Rico could always run back to Luca and I'm sure he'd welcome him with open arms. Up until he was no longer useful.

"We'll figure it out," Alex said, trying to ease the tension, "and enjoy this place." I chuckled at the absurdity of that comment. "You know what I mean," he tried to fix the words he had said.

"No, I don't know, Alex."

"Just stop it." Egon stepped in.

"You got away from your fucked up family for a few days so enjoy it until you have to go back and deal with the vultures living in that estate," I shook my head slowly as I began to get over this conversation.

"You're adding more fire to him, Alex," Egon warned, making me realise he might have been the only one who understood my anger that well.

"I'm not. I'm telling him the truth."

"And I'm sure he gets it," Egon was now facing Alex as he did the same, "but he doesn't need you to remind him of how lonely he actually is. Because last time I checked, you have a girl to go out with, in, let me remind you, the city of love," he emphasized the final word. "But we both know he's been through shit that made him lose the girl he loves," I swallowed the agony building up in my chest.