38 - Power

Present

Present

I was staring at my love since she began to talk about how that piece of shit touched her. I don't think I've ever been this mad. But once she started talking about how she killed him, my emotions eased.

I had her hand in mine as she spoke and squeezed it once I felt even a bit nervous.

I couldn't lie, this girl was something else. Truly, I would've never believed that she could've been able to execute such gruesome actions. But I was proud. And maybe very turned on by it.

"Any questions?" She asked once silence took hold of the room. I looked away from her for the first time since she started talking and found everyone in awe. Some were sitting there pale, some looked like their soul vanished from their bodies completely.

"You..." her father tried to ask. "You k..." he shook his head in disbelief. "You killed him?"

"Yes. I don't know why it's so hard to believe. I thought you knew what I was capable of," Dante chuckled.

"Yeah, not to that extent."

"You killed him by hanging-" Lorenzo tried to say until he was interrupted by her.

"No, I killed him before I threw him off the bridge," she turned to look at me. "Have none of you listened to what I said?" I shrugged before placing a kiss on the back of her hand. She looked back at everyone. "What matters is that they're dead. I can't fathom what might happen if they were still alive."

"And what were you going to do with Luca?" I asked, trying to get more details about what the beautiful mind had thought of.

"I want to work in secret. Rico and he knows," she paused. "Or, sorry, knew," Alex's eyes widened before he straightened in his seat.

"Rico? As in the fucker that shot me?" She nodded slowly, trying to see if she understood what she was hearing. "Fucking hell," he leaned back in the seat once again before placing his hand on his forehead.

"He knew I was alive and then found my place that Val and I shared," I frowned, thinking about everything that she had told us already. "I killed him before he could even hurt me further. But I did get a few scars from him."

If he knew where they lived...

"I thought our location was somewhat discrete and it was but for some reason, he looked in that part of town. And when he walked inside, I was in the shower."

I thought our location was somewhat discrete and it was but for some reason, he looked in that part of town...

He looked in that part of town...

"I don't want Valentina to know about this," she admitted, making me turn in her direction.

"Why? She helped you throughout this journey," Lorenzo said.